A past columnist for both The New York Times and The Washington Post, Gene now writes regularly for The Hill, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Forbes, Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine and The Guardian.
Gene has written five books on business management, specifically geared towards small and medium sized companies. His most recent is In God We Trust, Everyone Else Pays Cash.
Nationally, Gene appears regularly on MSNBC and Fox News as well as The John Batchelor Show and SiriusXM’s Wharton Business Channel where he talks about the financial, economic and technology issues that affect business leaders today.
Through his keynotes and breakout sessions, Gene helps business owners, executives and managers understand the political, economic and technological trends that will affect their companies and – most importantly – the actions they can take to continue to grow and profit.
Gene owns and operates the Marks Group PC, a highly successful ten-person firm that provides technology and consulting services to small and medium sized businesses.
Prior to starting the Marks Group PC Gene, a Certified Public Accountant, spent nine years in the entrepreneurial services arm of the international consulting firm KPMG in Philadelphia where he was a Senior Manager.
- An update on all government, state, local grant and lending programs along with the latest and pending legislation for helping businesses overcome the pandemic along with best practices for taking advantage of these options
- A deep dive into the best workplace practices and legislation that smart leaders are implementing to keep their employees productive, happy, healthy and safe
- A current analysis of the presidential elections and how each candidate's economic policies will impact businesses over the next two years
- A look forward at current investment opportunities that the recent economic downturn has created for those companies that have the resources to take advantage
- The latest technologies that require review and investment which will ensure further growth in this industry
During Gene's presentation you will learn:
- How the 2017 tax reform will impact your business structuring and life insurance planning.
- The latest estate planning developments from the recent year that affect business owners like yourself.
- The key issues in transitioning a business to family members or key employees while providing for financial security.
- The most important retirement and estate tax considerations you should be taking into account to ensure that your income will be maximized for the years to come.
Gene will discuss how the most successful businesses in your industry are using these technologies to:
- increase their sales
- control their finances
- expand their online presence
- find/manage/compensate their people
- service their customers
Gene explains why so many business owners will be selling their businesses over the next few years and how you can capitalize on that trend. He'll take you through the reasons why business owners sell and what smart buyers are looking for. He'll give you the essential tools you'll need to know how to value your business like a professional appraiser. And you may not like what he tells you! But most importantly you'll walk away with critical, real-life tactics for operating your company at its highest level. Because maybe you do want to sell it someday. Or maybe you don't. In either case, don't you still want to be as profitable as possible?
Request Availability for Gene Marks
$5,001 – $7,500
Speaker fee falls within this range. For exact fee, please contact us.
“Our group loved you. You got the highest score of any speaker.”
“By the way, Gene’s presentation was entertaining and very informational. The best of the conference.”
“Our group really enjoyed Gene’s presentation. It was the highest rated presentation at PEMA’s Annual Meeting. Thank you Gene for your great insights and advice.”