Sam Richter is an internationally recognized expert on digital information and is considered the father of modern-day Sales Intelligence. His award-winning experience includes building innovative programs for start-up companies and some of the world’s most famous brands.
Sam is founder and CEO of SBR Worldwide/Know More. Through his in-person keynote presentations and online programs, Sam trains leading organizations and entertains tens of thousands of persons around the world. Sam’s programs promise to be the highest-content, most take-home-value presentations attendees have ever experienced. The National Speakers Association honored Sam with its CSP designation, reserved for the top 10 percent of the world’s professional speakers. He was named one of the Top 15 Highest Rated Speakers for Virtual Events, one of the Top 50 Sales Keynote Speakers in the world, and he is also a member of the Minnesota Speakers Hall of Fame.
Sam is the author of the bestselling book, Take the Cold Out of Cold Calling, considered the preeminent publication on finding information online and using it for sales success. Take the Cold was named “Sales Book of the Year” by the American Association of Inside Sales Professionals, and it was also named a “USA Book News Winner” and a “Sales Book Awards Silver Medalist.”
In addition to speaking and writing, Sam created numerous technologies including the world’s top prospecting/sales meeting preparation resource, the Business / Sales Intel Engine and Intel Engine for Professional Speakers; the world’s top news search engine, YouGotTheNews; and a Blog search engine. Sam partnered with Mark Hunter – the Sales Hunter – to create High Profits Sales Coaching, a virtual coaching, on-demand online learning, and sales-success training program used by thousands of sales executives at some of the world’s leading organizations.
Sam is a partner at Contata Solutions, a big-data/machine learning firm that produces sales, marketing, and business intelligence software. He also serves on the Boards of Directors for Brandpoint, one of the world’s leading content management platforms, and Argos Risk, a business financial health and credit monitoring software platform.
Multiple times Sam was named by InsideView as one of the Top 25 Most Influential People in Sales, and he was also named as one of the Top Chief Marketing Officers on Twitter and he has been recognized by LinkedIn as having one of the world’s most viewed profiles. Sam has been featured in thousands of television and radio programs and national and online publications.
For more than six years, Sam was president of the James J. Hill Center, a not-for-profit business library, where he led the transformation of an eighty-five-year-old private, non-profit business research organization into a nationally renowned institution serving entrepreneurs and small businesses via cutting edge online resources. Sam also spent more than eighteen years in the advertising, public relations, and e-commerce/e-marketing industry owning his own firm and working for internationally recognized organizations as a creative director, group director, and marketing director. Sam has led product launch and strategic marketing programs for companies including Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Major League Baseball, Polaris Industries, and National Geographic.
He has won regional, national and international awards including Best of Show and Gold Awards at numerous sales and marketing competitions, Webby Awards, and a Gold Award at the International Film Festival. He’s also won a Retail Vision Award and a Codie Award – “the “Oscars” of the software industry” – for Best E-commerce Software. He is a member of the Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” and a past finalist for Inc. Magazine’s Entrepreneur of the Year.
Sam received his B.A. from the University of Minnesota School of Journalism and Mass Communication and was twice named Scholastic All-American while also a four-year player and a letter winner on the University of Minnesota varsity football team. His postgraduate education includes certificate degrees in Executive Leadership from the University of St. Thomas, and in Corporate Boards of Director Ethical Leadership from Saint Mary’s University.
Sam lives in Minnetonka, Minnesota with his wife and two children. He enjoys mentoring individuals in his community and volunteering his time working with non-profit organizations, including Mental Health Navigators, a national non-profit online community support and resource group helping parents of children experiencing mental health issues, where Sam built the nationally renowned Mental Health Resource Search Engine.
The Evolution of Sales: Web Search Secrets to Find The Right Leads, At the Right Time, With the Right Message
It’s amazing that in today’s information world, the key metric that many organizations still use to judge sales activity is the number of calls made. Sure, you can open up the phone book or purchase a lead list and start with “A” and end with “Z” and mathematically, someone will buy. Or, you can leverage Sales Intelligence to locate the right prospects, at the right time, with the right message and dramatically decrease close times, and increase margins. In this dynamic program, you will discover…
- How to generate opportunities using sales trigger events and powerful introductions, so you’re calling on the prospects who most likely need your product or solution, right now.
- How to use search engines, social media, and the Invisible Web as powerful sales and competitive “intelligence agents,” ensuring you align your value proposition to what prospects care about.
- How to leverage information to make a great impression, ensure relevancy, gain permission to ask challenging questions, and provide ongoing value to both prospects and clients.
- How information truly is power, allowing you to get past gate keepers, clearly differentiate from the competition, negotiate on value instead of price, and bottom line: win more business.
This new way of thinking – this Sales Evolution – will completely change the way you find and call on new opportunities. And it’s proven to work in any economic environment. This high energy, motivating, jaw-dropping, incredibly high content presentation delivers practical, proven strategies and tactics organizations can immediately implement to dramatically improve sales performance.
Every YES Begins With a KNOW: Finding and Leveraging Information to Build Valuable Business Relationships
Business is all about relationships and understanding the other person’s motivations. What do your prospects or existing clients truly care about? Do you understand what’s important to them? What are you doing to ensure your messages are meaningful and that you provide relevant value in every interaction? It’s no longer enough to be interesting. In today’s world you must be interested. In this dynamic presentation, you will discover:
- Web search secrets that you never thought possible for uncovering opportunities, locating decision makers, and understanding the other person’s motivations.
- Tips and tricks for using online information as business and relationship “intelligence agents;” learn more about the other person and what they care about so in every interaction, you’re building a meaningful connection (without seeming like a stalker).
- How to access and leverage the “Hidden Web” – the majority of the valuable online information that is invisible to search engines – so you will impress in every meeting, every time.
- How to use information to differentiate from others, generate warm referrals, tailor offerings, and build strong and more meaningful business relationships.
It doesn’t matter if you have limited technical ability or if you grew up using the Internet, you will leave with new ideas that you and your team will immediately put to use. This high energy, motivating, incredibly high content presentation has a huge “WOW” factor – you will be shocked at what you don’t know (but soon will).
Don't Steal the Cheesecake: How Your Digital Reputation Defines Your Personal Brand, and Shapes Your Company Brand
In today’s “everything is online” world, people pass judgement and form opinions about you before ever even meeting. What you post online, text, leave as a voicemail, say or do in front of a public camera, and even email is not limited to private networks. Rather, there’s a good chance that what you do in a digital format is public, searchable, and archived, FOREVER! Meaning everything you do online impacts your personal brand, and even your company brand. In “Don’t Steal the Cheesecake” you will learn…
- The difference between your character, reputation, personal brand, and company brand, how they are all intertwined, and how they impact your career, relationships, and your company.
- The dangers of sharing too much information, what can happen if you’re not careful, and how to respond in a digital format when you’re angry, so you don’t become a negative “Viral Sensation.”
- The “Five Laws of Digital Reputation Management” along with simple, common sense ideas that will align your character and reputation, ensuring consistency across your personal brand.
- Inside secrets on how to manage your digital presence (for non-technical people) so when others search for information on you, there is some control on what they find.
This thought-provoking, super entertaining, and somewhat scary program will provide you with very practical and easy-to-implement strategies that will help you avoid personal and company embarrassment, manage your reputation, and enhance your personal brand.
You Just "Friended" a Thief: You and Your Client's Data: What's Out There, How Do You Find It, and How Can It Be Used Against You
It’s amazing the amount of information available online about companies and people. And it’s shocking how vulnerable we all are to Personal Identity Theft and Business Identity Theft – in ways you might not think about. In this jaw-dropping presentation, you will discover…
- How to find the information that is available about you, your family, and your business that others have shared in a digital format, and what you can do to protect yourself.
- How the seemingly innocent information that you post online could be providing thieves with an open door into your bank account.
- How the biggest risk to your and your clients’ data is probably not an online hacker, rather, it’s most likely sitting in your office right now.
- Easy-to-implement, non-technical ways to protect yourself, your family, and your business from identity theft.
This eye-opening, high-energy, entertaining program will have your audience talking, thinking, and thanking themselves (and you!) that they attended the conference.
Request Availability for Sam Richter
SAM RICHTER, CSP, CPAE
$15,001 - $20,000
Speaker fee falls within this range. For exact fee, please contact us.