Garrison helps people make the jump from being great at what they do to developing
the qualities it takes to be consistently chosen for the job. He gets them to understand
why their products, services or leadership styles — or those of their competitors — are
selected. As he says, "If the world agreed on what's best, everybody would choose the
best and nothing else would be considered. Decision making doesn't work that way."
Garrison has presented to some of the world’s most effective leaders and business
developers, from multibillion-dollar manufacturers and national associations to top New
York Stock Exchange wire houses. He has a background in manufacturing, telecommunications
and financial services and toured as a professional stand-up comedian. In his teens,
Garrison worked with Magnavox and baseball legend Hank Aaron to promote the
world's first video gaming system, and by age 27 he became the youngest department
head in a Fortune 500 company's history. He researched and designed processes
for 38 locations nationwide and developed and marketed products still being sold in
Garrison Wynn is the author of the Amazon.com bestseller The REAL Truth about
Success, has contributed weekly to The Washington Post and has coauthored with
Stephen Covey. His award-winning success tools receive high praise, but his greatest
strength is a magnetic live performance that keeps him in high demand, with more
than 600 inquiries and 100 speaking dates per year. His presentations help people become more influential regardless of circumstances.
- Making the Most of Difficult Situations: Changing Markets, Changing Times - This funny, insightful keynote combines relationship building with no-fluff motivation and change to deliver real solutions in uncertain times. Professional keynote speaker and business relationship expert Garrison Wynn examines the challenges we face and shows how we can laugh at our problems while using them as catalysts for success. This session covers a lot of ground and provides no-cost, easily implemented, proven solutions that your people can use right away.
- The Real Truth about Success: What the Top 1% Do Differently and Why They Won't Tell You - Prepare to laugh and learn as a decade of Wynn Solutions research reveals what makes owners and managers of top-performing businesses so effective -- and it's not what you'd expect! If you enter this keynote session expecting to learn all about best practices and superior strategy, you'd better read the title again. Standout success in a challenging economy often comes from personal advantage, whether it's perceived value, personality, leadership-style, communication skills, abundant resources, or access to privileged information. This entertaining session takes a realistic look at the influence you'll need to make sure your knowledge and hard work deliver the results you want.
- Being the Best vs. Being Consistently Chosen - Success is more than being good at what you do; it's about being consistently chosen to do it. Garrison helps people to understand why their products, services or leadership styles or those of their competitors are selected. People don't necessarily choose what's best; they choose what they are most comfortable with, whether it's the best or not. We've all heard the importance of best practices and superior knowledge, so why aren't the smartest people with the most information always in charge or number one in their field? This keynote provides original research on managing expectations and emotions and shows there really is more to success than being the best.
- Getting Great Results: Turning Talent Into Performance - In this keynote, results from the largest management survey ever conducted are combined with real-life management and leadership solutions to get the most from your people, regardless of their skill level. Participants learn how to manage their ego-driven top producers, how to listen like leaders and make their people feel heard, how to hire for talent and turn it into top performance, how to create a culture of excellence with their most promising people and how to help their low performers fight their way to the middle.
- Generations Working Better Together - This extremely informative, entertaining, solutions-based session explores why younger and older people don't see eye to eye, and what to do about it in the workplace. From pointers on motivating, managing and retaining younger employees to ways of preventing older managers from losing their minds, this research-based program shows it's possible for baby boomers and Gen X and Y employees to work well together.
- How to Win an Unfair Fight: Influencing People You Have No Authority Over - A great idea rarely wins out on its own merit. Sound, well-structured logic regularly loses out to mediocre ideas from people who really know how to influence. This enlightening, research-based session delves into the human condition, revealing that the true key to influence is not intelligence or logic, but an understanding of what people really value. Through a collaborative toolkit, this program delivers the tips and strategies you need to make people see the value of your ideas so you're well positioned to gain agreement.
- Influence in Action: How to Consistently Hold People Accountable - Great ideas are rarely good enough to get people to take action. Sound, well-structured logic regularly loses out to mediocre ideas from leaders who really know how to influence. This high-impact, research-based session focuses on revealing the true key to accountability: not intelligence or strategy, but an understanding of what makes people feel valuable. In this entertaining, interactive and sometimes brutally honest session, Garrison shows executives how to create a culture of accountability, even among employees at different performance levels. You'll learn how to push your average and low performers to reach a higher level and how to hold ego-driven top performers accountable without causing them (or you) to lose the will to live.