"Self-Discipline Strategist", Rory Vaden, MBA speaks to audiences around the world about how they can leverage self-discipline to achieve their goals in life. His book Take the Stairs is a #1 Wall St Journal, #1 USA Today and #2 New York Times bestseller.
As an entrepreneur, he is the Cofounder of Southwestern Consulting™, a multimillion dollar global consulting practice with more than 70 team members that helps clients in more than 27 countries to grow their business and provide a better customer experience. Through a proprietary system of utilizing relevant data, time-tested principles, and implementing sales techniques that have been refined over 150 years by their parent company, Southwestern Consulting™ can teach anyone with a product or service how to sell more.
Rory's insights on overcoming procrastination and increasing productivity have been featured on Fox and Friends, Oprah radio, CNN and in Fast Company, Entrepreneur, Forbes, Inc, Success Magazine and many other media outlets. His articles and insights average more than 2 million views every month and he is the weekly host of a top 25 business news podcast called "Daily Discipline with Rory Vaden."
As a professional speaker, he speaks more than 50 times a year for some of America's best and brightest organizations including: Cargill, The Million Dollar Roundtable, P&G, Mass Mutual, True Value, YPO, Wells Fargo Advisors, Merck, Land O'Lakes, Novartis and hundreds more.
Rory's newest book is called Procrastinate on Purpose: 5 Permissions to Multiply Your Time and became an instant National Bestseller.
- Take The Stairs: Success Means Doing Things You Don't Want To Do (Signature Motivational Speech 45 - 90 minutes) - Success is different for each of us but the path to get there has the same obstacles: fatigue, rejection, failure, distraction, burnout, complacency, and countless others.
And yet there is one common characteristic and one universal trait that virtually every single successful person must have before they add anything else; discipline - the discipline to do the things they don't want to do. Self-discipline strategist and motivational speaker Rory Vaden shares key insights and erases common misconceptions about how to build lasting self-discipline.
- Next Generation Marketing: Making Social Media Work in 30 Minutes a Day (Breakout Session Workshop 45 minutes - 2 hours) - 500 million people are on Facebook, 76 million are on Linked In, and the Tweeters are growing at an exponential rate. Social Media is not a fad, but an inevitable medium of future business communication. Yet some people are full of star-gazed cyber myths of becoming overnight millionaires or making their brand an overnight internet phenomenon. Some have the improper expectation that it's the next "escalator" to success. It's important to understand the reality of what social media will and won't do and, most importantly, how to use social media effectively in your business. Social media expert Rory Vaden shares the discipline of managing these new tools to get real results for your business.
- Leaders Take The Stairs: Creating a Culture of Discipline in Your Organization (Main Stage Speech 45 - 75 minutes) - Companies and organizations that make the leap to greatness have an almost fanatical mindset and mission of making short term sacrifices for a long-term vision. It drives every part of their business, including accounting, hiring, training, leadership, marketing and so forth. But if you look in MBA curriculums or HR training programs, you won't find anything that teaches leaders this pivotal skill. Here you will learn practical steps from entrepreneur and motivational speaker Rory Vaden for infusing your organization with a mentality of discipline.
- No Laughs to Know Laughs: How to be Funny to Make More Money (Breakout Session Workshop 45 minutes - 4 hours) - Work is always more fun if you can laugh along the way but it's a rare gift to be able to make other people laugh. In fact, most of us think you are either born funny or you're not, and it's one of the most disempowering misconceptions of all time. Two-Time Toastmasters World Champion of Public Speaking Finalist and motivational speaker and humorist Rory Vaden explodes this humor rumor by teaching ordinary people the secrets of how to make people laugh. Believe it or not, humor can be learned as long as you have a little discipline.
- Top Producers Take The Stairs: Advanced Sales Training and the Habit of Self-Discipline (Breakout Session Workshop 45 minutes up to 2 full days) - The number one cause of failure in sales is "creative avoidance". Salespeople are constantly torn between the support work required to fulfill their service to their customers and with going out and prospecting for new business. Sales training is important to the success of a great salesperson, but what's more important is cultivating a habit of self-discipline. The real secret to success in sales is being able to do the things you don't want to do. Executive sales consultant and sales coach Rory Vaden shares a customizable combination of motivation and sales training techniques to help your producers reach the next level.
- The Audience is NOT in their Underwear: The Discipline of Mastering Presentation Skills (Breakout Session Workshop 45 minutes - 4 hours) - Whether in front of an audience of 1 or 1000, presenting can be scary. Everybody knows that presentation skills are more important than ever and that there is an unspoken expectation that every presenter should be entertaining and engaging. What most people don't know is that there are secret presentation techniques that even the best speakers in the world rely on to look better than they are. Applying these universal formulas is certain to not only increase your confidence as a presenter, but your income, as well. Toastmasters World Championship Finalist and professional speech coach Rory Vaden will help you overcome the fear of public speaking and enlighten you with some of the best techniques ever available.