Dan Thurmon is the author of two books, a renowned speaker, and a recognized expert in delivering peak performances - on stage and in the workplace. As president of Motivation Works, Inc., he has worked with hundreds of clients and delivered thousands of presentations worldwide. Dan helps organizations and individuals implement actions plans and move confidently through transitions.
He began his performance career at eleven years old, crafting a one-man-show incorporating comedy, juggling and acrobatics. This enabled him to, at a very early age, develop a strong work ethic and learn fundamental lessons about performance excellence. Dan graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Marketing and Management. He has also extensively studied Personal Development and developed a unique methodology he teaches to audiences and clients.
A recent inductee to the prestigious "Speakers Hall of Fame," Dan Thurmon delivers experiences that go beyond motivation, teaching concepts and skills in a highly engaging and entertaining manner. He incorporates his lifelong performance skills to create high impact events. His programs have educated and uplifted Fortune 500 companies, young audiences, and even the troops on the front lines of Afghanistan and Iraq.
Dan's philosophy can be summarized by the title of his book, Off Balance On Purpose. He believes that we will never achieve "perfect balance" and should, instead, learn to embrace uncertainty and initiate positive changes that lead to growth. Also, we should go beyond the pursuit of "success" and enhance our life experiences and professional endeavors with purposeful, positive contributions.
- "Dan Thurmon was an absolute hit! He went beyond even our highest standards. Attendees gave him a 4.9 rating. 5.0 is a perfect score. It is rate that we get one that high. If he ever needs recommendations, we would be glad to give one. He does an excellent job of tying a very meaningful message to his talk. Entertaining and inspiring!!" - Program Director, Non-Profit Organization
- Perform-Ability: How to Be Your Best When It Matters Most - "Always be at your best because every moment counts." This may sound like good advice, but it isn't really possible, and the truth is, some moments count much more than others. That's why it's more important (and realistic) to be your best When It Matters The Most. In this keynote, peak performance speaker Dan Thurmon explores the reasons why some individuals fail under pressure, and why others seem to naturally rise to handle critical moments with ease and excellence. Here's a hint: It isn't an innate talent. It's an ability that can be learned and mastered. Dan calls it "Perform-Ability."
The key to being able to "perform," or deliver excellence when it matters the most, is to prepare properly and understand the mindset and methods of top performers. But Dan doesn't just explain this - he demonstrates these concepts in his signature high-impact style that includes juggling, acrobatics, and even a unicycle. Audiences leave this unforgettable session armed with new tools and the enthusiasm to tackle their biggest challenges. And, they'll have a fantastic time!
As a result of attending this program, attendees will be able to:
- See themselves as performers, capable of delivering excellent results under pressure.
- Understand the three aspects of an effective performance.
- Clarify what they are trying to achieve.
- Develop strategies to succeed.
- Recognize critical moments and rise to the occasion.
- Adopt the mindset and methods of peak performers.
- Commit to ongoing learning and disciplines to aid their efforts.
- High Performance Sales: Selling is a Performance - Selling is a performance - the process of taking your audience (customer) through an experience that builds interest and engagement, ending in a successful sale. Because sales happens in real-time, and every encounter is unique, the high-performance salesperson must be committed to improving and building upon every sales experience. With every one performance there are three - the one you plan, the one you do, and the one you should have done (and think about on the way home).
Dan reveals presentation/performance secrets to help sales professionals improve performance and bottom line results, including:
- How to differentiate your approach from competitors to stand apart and above the rest.
- How to manage your customers' expectations and ensure that you deliver more than they
- How focusing on value and uniqueness transcends objections about price.
- How to leverage your most powerful asset - your brand - for greatest results.
- Why telling stories is far more effective than imparting benefits.
- How every performance has a beginning, middle, and end. Design your presentations for impact, and move your customers to action.
- How to build relationships for success.
- How to break through external barriers and self-imposed limitations.
Dan closes this segment with a short video of Tony Steele, legendary trapeze performer and the FIRST man to break the barrier of the triple somersault, in action. (Tony is 78 years old and still performs trapeze.) This is a wonderful and powerful segment that will cause everyone to rethink their own concept of limitations!
- Off Balance on Purpose: Work-Life Integration That's Possible, Not Perfect - Achieving a perfect balance between the demands of work and the complexities of life is an intriguing, desirable concept. It's also completely unrealistic. The common way of pursuing "balance" is entirely inadequate: We sell short our best efforts, burden ourselves with guilt, and exhaust our energy. Instead, we need to make an ongoing effort to infuse "life" into the workplace, and to let go of the notion of being perfectly balanced.
In this empowering keynote, Dan provides a new model for viewing work objectives. Instead of being separate or competing with life, they are a vital and connected component. Successful work-life integration fosters excellence, innovation, and loyalty among employees. Dan's practical, reality-based solutions help leaders and employees support one another personally, as well as professionally. And his presentation style? It's nothing short of spectacular! Dan doesn't stand behind a podium and talk about work-life integration - he does handstands on the podium to demonstrate what real balance actually looks like. Your audience will talk about this presentation for years to come!
- Total Wellness: Managing Stress & Taking Care of You -
As a performer and speaker, Dan Thurmon knows first-hand the importance of stress management, physical fitness, and total health. Your audience can benefit from a corporate wellness program by a speaker who actually lives what he says.
Balancing Dan's physically demanding presentations, a full speaking schedule, and family priorities requires self-discipline. It also demands an understanding and appreciation of the areas that can impact a person's total wellness: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. In this keynote, corporate wellness speaker Dan Thurmon explores the relationship between employee wellness and corporate success. But it's his signature high-impact style (including juggling, acrobatics, and even a unicycle) that drives his message home. Audiences have a fantastic time while being inspired and motivated to improve their total wellness!
- The Rhythm of Success - Are you are looking for a way to gain top performance from your team? Would you like to enhance the strength and reliability of your organization's internal and external relationships? Are you searching for a motivational
experience that delivers energy and enthusiasm, as well as a powerful message? Well, look no further. The Rhythm Of Success is a thrilling team presentation that illustrates the value of relationships in business and in life. After all, achieving "success" is not a solo performance. We rely on others for support, input, and accountability. To be our best, we need to learn the most effective way to partner with others.
Dan Thurmon teams up with his performance partner (and best friend since high school), Philip Solomon, to deliver this unique, transformational program. They combine live percussion, great music, thrilling stunts, and a healthy dose of audience involvement to illustrate the vital characteristics of successful teams. Philip Solomon is a nationally recognized actor, musician and entertainment producer. He's also the Los Angeles Outreach Coordinator and an International Trainer for Cirque du Soleil. Philip is President of Way Too Much Entertainment, and an expert in conflict resolution, teamwork and communication.