Dennis Snow's customer service abilities were honed over 20 years with the Walt Disney World Company. There, he developed his passion for service excellence and the experience he brings to the worldwide speaking and consulting he does today.
Dennis Snow began his Disney career in 1979 as a front-line attractions operator. As he advanced through the company, Dennis managed various operating areas throughout the park, learning and applying the skills it takes to run a world-class, service-driven organization.
Dennis launched a division of the Disney Institute responsible for consulting with some of the world's largest companies including Exxon, AT&T, General Motors and Coca Cola. During this time, he presented to audiences in diverse locations around the world, such as South Africa, Australia, Mexico, England and Argentina. This division quickly became the fastest growing venture of the Disney Institute and experienced repeat business of nearly 100%.
Dennis also spent several years with the Disney University, teaching corporate philosophy and business practices to cast members and the leadership team. While there, he coordinated the Disney Traditions program which is universally recognized as a benchmark in corporate training. In his last year with Walt Disney World®, Dennis' leadership performance was ranked in the top 3% of the company's leadership team.
Today, Dennis Snow is a full-time speaker, trainer and consultant who helps organizations achieve goals related to customer service, employee development and leadership. Some of his clients include Wachovia, Blockbuster Video, BMW Financial Services, Florida State University and Johns Hopkins Hospital. His articles appear in a number of industry publications and he is a featured guest "expert" on customer service, on several business news-talk radio shows. He is the author of the book Unleashing Excellence: The Complete Guide to Ultimate Customer Service, which has been used in organizations around the world as a blueprint for organizational excellence and is now available in a revised, expanded edition.
Dennis' early career at Disney created that first spark of interest in customer service that led him toward the principles readers will learn in his latest book, Lessons From the Mouse. Dennis has constructed this book as a series of lessons because therein lies the secret to discovering Disney's magic - understanding and applying these ideas every day in a disciplined way.
- Delivering World-Class Customer Service: Lessons From The Mouse - Customers have more choices than ever, with the result that most products and services are increasingly seen as commodities. So, in today's market, what can an organization do to stand out from the crowd? Differentiating your service is the key to attracting and retaining customers - while driving bottom line results. More than ever customers are focused on value - what you can do that other organizations cannot or will not do. Customers want to know that you are focused on earning their ongoing loyalty.
Based on his 20-years with the Walt Disney World Company along with many years of consulting with organizations around the world, Dennis Snow will provide a "how-to" program for creating a service-driven culture. This program will provide you with strategic tools that can be used to raise the bar of service throughout your organization, resulting in "walk-through-fire" customer loyalty.
Participants will learn:
- Approaches that help your employees move from a task mindset to an experience mindset.
- A process for ensuring that your organization's "backstage" environment never impacts the "onstage" customer experience.
- Four specific strategies for wowing customers every time.
- A mechanism for ensuring that your organization's processes are designed through the "lens of the customer."
- Leading a Culture of Service Excellence: Lessons From The Mouse - Note: This program is a natural follow-up to Delivering World-Class Customer Service or can be delivered as a standalone program. In today's competitive market, developing a service excellence strategy is an important part of any leader's role. Beyond developing the strategy, however, there is the challenge of executing the plan. It's in the execution that service excellence strategies become a reality or simply another "flavor-of-the-month" program. Employees watch to see how committed the organization truly is to customer service and take their cues directly from their leaders. In order to effectively implement an organization-wide service excellence strategy, today's leaders must rely on the skills of a facilitator and idea champion and must walk the talk of service excellence.
Based on the leadership principles Dennis learned, lived, and taught during his 20-years with Walt Disney World, this presentation highlights specific leadership behaviors that bring a service strategy to life and describes how to "hardwire" service excellence into an organization's culture.
Participants will learn:
- The behaviors that will define your organization's service culture.
- Hiring processes that ensure that service-oriented individuals are recruited and selected for employment.
- New-hire and ongoing training practices that reinforce your organization's service culture.
- Effective communications strategies that keep employees focused on the customer experience.
- Techniques for involving employees in the forward movement of the organization and empowering customer-focused decision making.
- Accountability processes that ensure that service excellence is non-negotiable.
- Performance Excellence: The Employee Factor - An engaged workplace is one in which the organization's mission, vision, and values are demonstrated consistently and naturally. In this kind of work environment employee performance, involvement, and loyalty are high and customer satisfaction is the primary focus of the entire team.
Based on his 20-years with Walt Disney World along with many years of consulting with organizations around the world, Dennis Snow will provide a "how-to" program for engaging employees in delivering outstanding customer service.
Participants will learn how to:
- Build a customer-focused culture.
- Break down organizational silos, creating a "one organization" mentality.
- Inspire personal accountability in the workplace.
- Build "walk-through-fire" employee loyalty.
- Create a work environment where the best employees want to be.