Marilyn Sherman has spent years motivating and inspiring audiences to get out of their comfort zone and get a front-row seat in life. After starting her career in corporate America, she is now seen as the go-to motivational keynote speaker for corporate and association markets that want their people to improve their morale, teamwork, and communication skills and ultimately achieve more results. With her background as a training officer for a major finance company, Marilyn honed her skills to motivate audiences who are often hard to motivate. With her engaging, and fun personality, Marilyn connects with her audiences immediately and delivers content that they can immediately use when they get back to their office.
Marilyn is a graduate of Washington State University and after working for Chrysler First Financial Services, she was a contract speaker for one of the top seminar companies in the United States and Canada. She officially received road warrior status after delivering six-hour professional development seminars up to 5 cities a week up to three weeks a month for five years! In 1998, she went out on her own starting UpFront Presentations, a speaking and training company. She has served on the boards for the National Speakers Association Las Vegas and San Diego chapters. She also held national positions as the chair of the Motivational Speaker Professional Expert Group and headed up four labs that were conducted across the country.
In addition to being a popular motivational keynote speaker, Marilyn is also the author of three motivational books including Whose Comfort Zone Are You In?, Why Settle for the Balcony, how to get a Front-Row Seat in Life and Front-Row Service. When not delivering upbeat motivating programs for audiences across the country, Marilyn accompanies her French husband Yves de Boisredon who takes people on fantasy wine experience trips to France.
- Front-Row Leadership - We are where we are because of the CHOICES we've made. It takes courage to look at where we are versus where we want to be. After Marilyn's keynote, you make a commitment and strive to become better. When you engage in the process of improving yourself and engage more positively with your team, you will start to exceed your previous performance, exceed your customer's expectations, and succeed more than ever before. You will soon evolve into a position to help lead OTHERS to their front-row. THAT'S Front-Row Leadership.
One thing that prevents people from having more success is a lack of courage and confidence to lead effectively. When people settle, it impacts their work, their team, their leadership, and their entire lives. Marilyn provides solutions to prevent people from living and leading from mediocrity. Think of her as an usher, leading people to their front-row. Once people have the tools necessary to be more successful, they become ushers helping and impacting others in a positive way. Marilyn's presentations are all about helping people around choices, courage and commitment to lead better - even if only by example.
- Why Settle for the Balcony? How to Get a Front-Row Seat in Life - out of the balcony of their life, and go for that front-row seat! With so many things out of control these days, attendees will be reminded that their attitude and perception are 100% within their control. With the right mindset, any seat can be a front-row seat! Marilyn inspires her audience by showing them the difference between living and working in the balcony and general admission, She will inspire people to choose to live in the front-row -- because that is where successful people live! During the session, Marilyn teaches people to have a vision, be of service, be gutsy, appreciate what they have and become empowered to do more. After Marilyn's presentation, people will be ready to get out of the balcony, where they had once complained how bad the seats were, and move to the front-row with all the necessary tools to make immediate changes for positive results. Everyone deserves a front-row seat in their life and this program helps people get there. Leaders also learn how to usher others to the front-row of their lives for better results.
- Whose Comfort Zone Are You In? - This keynote inspires people to recognize their vision, set goals, overcome obstacles and have a winning attitude. Sometimes, people live in a comfort zone and don't even realize it. Others are influenced by negative people and do things for the wrong reasons. In this keynote, Marilyn helps people take charge of their career and their life by stretching themselves out of their comfort zone, encouraging them to achieve more than they thought possible. With lots of stories about people who have overcome obstacles, you will be empowered and inspired to do more with what you have! The benefit to your audience is when they leave, they will feel empowered to do more than they've done in the past and will yield higher results for your organization.
- Communicating for Results: From Conflict to Cooperation - This is a content-filled program providing tools to anyone who doesn't like conflict or confrontation. Let's face it; no one really likes conflict, which is why so many people avoid it. Or, they act inappropriately because they don't have the tools to navigate conflict. This program teaches you to communicate better to reduce conflict; and how to handle uncomfortable conversations with grace and respect. Marilyn offers proven communication techniques that can be easily adapted to your work environment. With examples and practice, you will learn the value of being assertive, and not aggressive or passive-aggressive. This is a great workshop for organizations who wants to reduce conflict, increase communication, or create a better foundation for your company culture. Marilyn will provide communication tools that can be immediately applied at work (and at home) to create or increase harmonious relationships. The tools provided work ESPECIALLY well when dealing with difficult people!
- Which V are You? Managing Change With a Positive Mindset - If your organization isn't going through some type of change now, it means one of two things: You have already gone through a major change, or you are about to! Marilyn believes when people are asked to change; they become a Victim, a Vacationer or a Volunteer. Obviously if they choose to be a Victim or Vacationer, the chances of the change being successful are severely hampered. Marilyn has shown people the effects of each V, and what outcome it can have on their team. This program is an interactive workshop, helping people lean towards the mindset of a volunteer: resourceful, opportunistic, positive, helpful, open-minded and vision oriented. Sounds better than being bitter, resentful, helpless and sabotaging! Prior to this workshop, plan on supplying Marilyn with your current vision - so the program can be about YOUR change. She will start with what the change means and what can be done to navigate the change more successfully.
- Taking Charge of Your Career | 10 Strategies for Professional Success - This program was designed to inspire people to be more accountable for their success and job opportunities. Too often, talented people wait for new roles and responsibilities that never appear. You will learn how to ask for what you want, and be more assertive in your career path. This program was built using examples of how others have moved up their company ladder and creating a more rewarding career. After attending, you will leave with clearer strategies on how you can have more personal and professional success.
- Front-Row Service: How to be a Hospitality Fanatic! - This keynote helps anyone involved in the service industry to up their game when it comes to providing exceptional customer service to their customers and partners. Marilyn starts by providing examples of what a hospitality fanatic is NOT, then teaches what it really means to provide service to your customers. It's time to up your game when it comes to serving. Marilyn has written a book specifically for restaurants called Front-Row Service, How to Increase Tip Percentage and Check Averages, but this keynote can be customized to people in the food-service industry as well. This topic is not limited to restaurants and food-service. If your business survives by serving your customers top-notch service, this program is for you, too! It's all about relationships and delivering the unexpected. This keynote also includes advice on how to inspire yourself to become better, so you can continue to improve. Your customers deserve to be treated like VIP'S, so let them know doing business with you is a front-row experience!