Founder & Group CEO of Karrikins Group, Peter Sheahan is internationally known for his innovative business thinking and thought leadership. With over 120 staff, in 24 cities, across nine countries, Sheahan knows firsthand the challenges of growing a business in the rapidly-changing marketplace.
Peter, and his firm Karrikins Group, have worked with some of the world's leading brands, including Apple, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Hyundai, IBM, Pfizer, Wells Fargo, and Cardinal Health. He is the author of seven books including business best-sellers Flip, Generation Y, Making it Happen, and Matter.
Peter has delivered more than 2,500 presentations to over 500,000 people in 20 different countries. He has been named one of the 25 Most Influential Speakers in the World by the National Speakers Association and is the youngest person ever to be inducted into their industry Hall of Fame.
- MATTER: Finding Opportunity in Disruption to Create More Value and Become the Obvious Choice -
As the pace of commoditization accelerates and the emergence of technological disruption threatens our existing business models, we must find ways to remain relevant and differentiated in the hearts and minds of our customers! This inspiring, case-study rich session will show you how to find opportunity in disruption to reverse the downward spiral of commoditization and matter more to your customers than your competition. This journey will require that you:
- Understand the difference between value creation and value extraction
- Move towards the very disruption that challenges you and your customers
- Elevate your Impact in the Five Critical Dimensions that clients and customers value most during times of rapid change
- Elevate your Perspective by learning at the 'Edge of Disruption' and becoming a thought leader in the business models of tomorrow
- Elevate your Relationships to position you not just as a trusted adviser but as a strategic partner for your customers
- Act in a way worthy of your desired leadership position
- FL!P: How to Turn Challenge Into Opportunity and Disruption Into Competitive Advantage - The fact that the world is changing is not new to anyone. The more important question is, what do we need to do in the face of change? Whether you are dealing with disruptive technology, shifts in customer expectations, or changes in regulation, as a leader you must apply an innovative approach to effectively navigate disruptive forces. In this provocative, research-based session, we will inspire you to:
- Embrace change and break free from thinking that made you successful in the past but could undermine your success in the future
- Re-think competitive advantage and leverage intangibles to manufacture tangible points of difference in your market
- Improve your margins by driving non-sexy innovation and finding new ways to innovate across the value-chain
- Turn chaos into opportunity by leading the market in response to new regulation, customer expectations, and technological disruption
- Take the intelligent risks required to innovate and drive change within your organization and industry
- ACCELERATED GROWTH: Building Organizations and Teams Capable of Sustaining Growth Through a Culture of Innovation, Courageous Leadership and Aligned Individuals - As the cliché suggests, you are either growing or you are dying. But in today's marketplace, it's no longer about growing or not. It is about growing faster today than we did yesterday, and doing so in spite of the larger base we now operate. In this engaging, case-study rich session, we will unlock the keys to accelerating growth in your team and your organization in order to:
- Help you understand the difference between arbitrary double-digit growth targets and true ambition
- Define the levers you can pull to create a growth-enabled culture defined by innovation, excellence, and accountability
- Provoke you to reflect on the critical role you play as a leader to unleash the necessary appetite for intelligent risk-taking and action orientation required for growth
- Introduce you to the three critical questions required to ensure market relevance and position your organization for accelerated growth
- Orient your thinking towards alignment and the reduction of friction inside your organization
- Talent [R]evolution - Are your leaders getting the most from their people? Are you attracting and retaining the best possible talent? In Talent Revolution, best-selling author, and architect of dozens of powerful human capital strategies for organizations around the world, Peter Sheahan's case-study rich session will:
- Help you understand the changing expectations of talent so you can transform organization into a magnet for smart and engaged people
- Explore the changing nature of leadership and outline new models for developing capability in your organization, and driving the alignment of people and strategy
- Share proven approaches to driving collaboration inside and outside your 4 walls and harness the discretionary efforts of people on and off your payroll
- Give you direct insight into what some of the world's best companies are doing to win the war for talent
In today's hyper competitive world talent is your source of competitive advantage. this session will put you on the cutting-edge of this critical strategic issue.
- Making It Happen: Unleashing the Entrepreneurial Spirit and Turning Your Good Ideas into Great Results - There is no shortage of ideas in the world. There is a shortage of people with the ability to transform those ideas into reality. Combining the need for imagination and action, 'Making it Happen' will go deep into the secrets of positioning ideas, products and services in a way that makes people not only pay attention, but to part with their time, money and energy. There is no point having a new idea, developing your new strategy or embarking on a journey of transformation if your people can't make it happen in the real world.
- Making Money in the Cracks: Counter-Intuitive Strategies for Finding and Exploiting New Market Opportunities - Unleash innovation in your company by knowing how to find the opportunity in the "white space". Inspire leaders to take the risks necessary to make money in the white space and discover creative solutions to business problems by facilitating interdisciplinary thought. Attendees will learn how to build structures that not only generate, but shine light on the best ideas in your business and how to break the cultural norms that squash the innovative new ideas you need to thrive.
- Moving the Market: Accelerate Your Impact by Influencing How and Why Buyers Make Decisions - Ensure that your sales process is sophisticated enough for today's buyer by capitalizing on the science behind the way people think, act and buy. Learn how the world's most profitable companies avoid competing on price, and how you can too.