Jason Schenker is the most accurate financial market forecaster in the world. In his role as the Chief Economist of Prestige Economics, Bloomberg News has recognized Jason's forecast accuracy in 35 different categories for economic indicators, foreign exchange rates, energy prices, metals prices, and agricultural prices. Bloomberg News has ranked Jason the #1 forecaster in the world in 20 different categories for his forecast accuracy.
In 2009, Jason founded Prestige Economics, a top-ranked financial market research firm that offers corporate and institutional clients a retainer service. Prestige Economics also performs management consulting and forecasting projects. Since 2010, Bloomberg News has ranked Mr. Schenker one of the most accurate "Bloomberg Best" financial market forecasters in the World in 35 different categories, including #1 in the World in 20 categories for his forecasts of economic indicators, foreign exchange rates, energy prices, industrial metals prices, precious metals prices, and agricultural prices.
For over a decade, Jason has been a keynote speaker and presenter at conferences and an occasional guest host for Bloomberg Television, guest columnist for Bloomberg News and guest on CNBC. In 2012, he authored the Amazon #1 Best Seller, Commodity Prices 101. In 2016, Jason authored the Amazon #1 Best Seller, Recession-Proof and the Amazon #1 Best Seller, Electing Recession. He recently authored the book Jobs for Robots and is also a columnist for Bloomberg View.
Prior to founding Prestige Economics, he worked for McKinsey as a Risk Specialist, where he was responsible for directing the content of trading and risk initiatives on six continents. Before McKinsey, Jason worked for Wachovia as an Economist, using functional titles including Chief Energy Economist, Chief Energy and Commodity Economist, and International Economist.
Jason believes strongly in education, and he holds three master's degrees, four graduate, and four professional designations. Mr. Schenker holds a Master's in Applied Economics from UNC Greensboro, a Master's in Negotiation from CSU Dominguez Hills, a Master's in German from UNC Chapel Hill, and a Bachelor's with distinction in History and German from The University of Virginia. He also holds a Certificate in FinTech from MIT, a Certificate in Supply Chain Management from MIT, a Certificate in Professional Development from UNC, and a Certificate in Negotiation from Harvard Law School. Mr. Schenker holds the professional designations CMT® (Chartered Market Technician), CVA® (Certified Valuation Analyst), ERP® (Energy Risk Professional), and CFP® (Certified Financial Planner).
Jason Schenker is an active executive in the FinTech startup scene, as the CEO and founder of the multi-vendor FinTech risk management platform Hedgefly, and as a member of the Central Texas Angel Network. Previously, he was involved in FinTech as the CFO of a private equity crowdfunding startup. In October 2016, he founded The Futurist Institute of America to help analysts and economists become futurists.
Jason is a member of the Texas Business Leadership Council (TBLC), the only CEO-based public policy research organization in Texas, which is limited to 125 members.
- The Current Economic and Financial Outlook - The economy and financial markets are constantly shifting. This presentation will offer an integrated view of the state of the key major world economies, with a particular focus on the United States. There will also be a significant discussion of current and near-term Fed and foreign central bank policies, interest rates, foreign exchange rates, the dollar, oil prices and precious metals prices. Hear market expectations and near-term forecasts from one of the most accurate forecasters in the world, according to Bloomberg News. The presentation will also discuss long-term trends and threats that will become increasingly important in years to come.
- Risk Management in the Face of Economic and Financial Market Uncertainty - Economic and financial market dynamics pose risk-and even more so as technicals become increasingly important alongside fundamental economic data. This presentation includes a discussion of financial market risk management from an expert who worked as a risk specialist at McKinsey before founding Prestige Economics, a research firm that has consistently performed risk management consulting projects for some of the largest companies in the world. Market-specific risks will be discussed within the context of the economic outlook, including interest rates, foreign exchange and commodities. In addition to a discussion of managing market risks, there will be a discussion of financial market trading dynamics, where the definition of long term has become increasingly shorter. This presentation includes a discussion of expectations for the future of market volatility and investing, as technicals become increasingly more important.
- Economic, Financial and Recession Outlook - This presentation focuses on the prospects of recession within the context of the current state of the economy. Three kinds of recessions can affect specific companies, industries or regions. This presentation includes a discussion of these recessions and where they currently exist-and the areas to which they could spread. Contagion risk and market-specific risks will be discussed within the context of the economic outlook, including economic forecasts, as well as forecasts of interest rates, foreign exchange and commodity prices. A number of the topics in this presentation draw on topics from Jason Schenker's #1 Amazon best seller Recession-Proof: How to Survive and Thrive in an Economic Downturn.
- Oil: Domestic Policy, Global Risks and Future Opportunities - Oil prices have become increasingly volatile and important for financial markets. Jason Schenker has been ranked the #1 oil price forecaster in the world in 2011, 2015, and 2016 by Bloomberg News. He has also been attending OPEC meetings for over a decade, and he was the first oil price forecaster to predict oil's rise in 2004 to $50. In this presentation, Schenker will share his views on the outlook for oil and gas in the United States and abroad. He will also discuss the implications for the global economy and global politics. This presentation includes topics covered in Schenker's #1 Amazon best seller Commodity Prices 101: A Primer on the Financial Market Drivers of Commodity Prices.
- Electing Recession: The Impact of Presidential Elections on Financial Markets and the Economy - In this presentation, Jason Schenker, one of the top economic and financial forecasters in the world, shares his nonpartisan analysis on the importance of presidential elections for financial markets and the economy. This presentation also includes integrated forecasts of major global economies, with a particular focus on the United States. There is also significant discussion of current and near-term Fed and foreign central bank policies, interest rates, foreign exchange rates, the dollar, oil prices and precious metals prices. Hear market expectations and near-term forecasts from one of the most accurate forecasters in the world, according to Bloomberg News. The presentation will also discuss long-term trends and threats that will become increasingly important for future presidents. This presentation includes topics covered in Schenker's forthcoming book Electing Recession: The Impact of Presidential Elections on Financial Markets and the Economy.