Mark Sanborn, CSP, CPAE, is president of Sanborn & Associates, Inc., an idea studio dedicated to developing leaders in business and in life. Mark is an international bestselling author and noted authority on leadership, team building, customer service and change.
Mark Sanborn graduated cum laude from The Ohio State University. In addition to his work as a business educator and author, Mark continues to be an active leadership practitioner. Most recently he served as the president of the National Speakers Association.
Mark holds the Certified Speaking Professional designation from the National Speakers Association (NSA) and is a member of the Speaker Hall of Fame. He was recently honored with the Cavett Award, the highest honor the NSA bestows on its members, in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the speaking profession. Mark is also a member of the exclusive Speakers Roundtable, made up of 20 of the top speakers in America.
Mark is the author of eight books, including the bestseller The Fred Factor: How Passion In Your Work and Life Can Turn the Ordinary Into the Extraordinary, which has sold more than 1.6 million copies internationally. His other books include You Don't Need a Title to be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere Can Make a Positive Difference, Teambuilt: Making Teamwork Work, The Encore Effect: How to Achieve Remarkable Performance in Anything You Do and Up, Down or Sideways: How to Succeed When Times are Good, Bad or In Between. His latest book, the long-awaited sequel Fred 2.0: New Ideas on How to Keep Delivering Extraordinary Results, was released in March 2013. With Fred 2.0, Mark not only revisits the original Fred to gain new insights, but also equips all of us with new strategies to achieve more.
Mark's list of over 2,400 clients includes Costco, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, FedEx, Harley-Davidson, Hewlett Packard, Cisco, KPMG, Morton's of Chicago, New York Life, RE/MAX, ServiceMaster, ESPN, GM, IBM, Avnet, Sandvik and John Deere. "We each know how good we have become," Mark says, "but none of us knows how good we can be. One of the most exciting opportunities we get each day is to pursue our potential." Mark Sanborn challenges his audiences with this message and provides insights for extraordinary living.
Contact us today learn more about Mark Sanborn and how his keynote presentations, books and learning resources on leadership, customer service, and remarkable performance can make an extraordinary difference in your work and life.
- Up, Down, or Sideways: How to Succeed When Times Are Good, Bad or In Between - Discover practical ways to prepare for and deal with change-good, bad or otherwise-by focusing on the mindsets and methods that never change. Predicting the future is easy; predicting it correctly is very hard. Since we can't be certain of what the future holds, what should we always be doing to ensure our success regardless of what happens? In this program, Mark shares his own story of a series of downturns, identifying the mindsets and methods that will help listeners discover opportunities to be successful in any situation.
- The Fred Factor: How to Make the Ordinary Extraordinary - This highly motivational presentation explains how you can become a Fred ... providing you the means to reinvent your business and life through self-mastery, vision, empowerment, and service. This program is a powerful way to get everyone from front-line employees to upper management focused on the importance of self-responsibility and creating value for those we work and live with. It goes beyond the workplace to show viewers how to enrich their personal lives as well.
- You Don't Need a Title to be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference - In his work with corporate America, Mark Sanborn has found that too many definitions of leadership are focused on the outer manifestation of leadership: the title, position on the org chart, and corner office space. These perquisites of appointed leadership may have little to do with the actual ability of the individual who enjoys them to lead. Sanborn has found that the more telling characteristic of true leaders is their power with people as opposed to the positional power they may enjoy over people.
In this presentation, you'll gain valuable insights on how to develop your own leadership ability and the leadership potential of your employees. He'll show you how to identify and develop the characteristics that define genuine leadership. As a master storyteller, Mark has an unparalleled ability to communicate fundamental business and leadership truths through simple stories, anecdotes and humor. You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader is a message that will resonate with those who aspire to make a positive difference - regardless of title or position.
- How the Best Get Better - How do you keep getting better, when you're already the best? Or what happens when complacency, out-dated thinking or weariness stunts performance? What do you do when growth stalls, or when your team is working below its true potential?
The answer: you've got to pursue your true potential.
Today's top performers and top companies often experience a crisis once they've moved into the number one spot. It is easy to become complacent and rest on past accomplishments while competitors are biting at your heels. When you're number one, there is nobody to emulate. You either keep increasing your lead or run the risk of being overtaken by numbers 2 though 5.
Mark Sanborn has worked with many of America's best companies. That's because he has the ability to motivate and teach simple, proven and highly effective ways of thinking and doing that keep individuals and organizations moving forward and gaining new ground. Not only has he learned from working with the best-some 2400 clients-but he's learned what doesn't work, too, and can help you change your thinking and supercharge your performance.
- (Your Title Here) Custom Leadership Presentations - Every customer is different, so why should every speech be the same? Mark Sanborn is known for his high level of tailoring custom speaking engagements to meet the individual needs of his clients. Whether it's about leadership, sales, service, or individual performance, it's about turning the ordinary into the extraordinary. Mark designs each custom speaking engagement to meet your objectives and to reinforce the objectives of the entire meeting. He has the ability to integrate his message into the rest of the meeting or conference. This means your audience members benefit from the synergy of all the presentations they hear, and reinforces the hard work you've done to plan an effective event.