Randy Pennington helps leaders and organizations make the changes and build cultures they need to deliver the results they want. He is a twenty-plus year business performance veteran, author, and consultant who has worked with many of this country's best-known organizations including: Alabama Power Company, Motorola, LaSalle Bank, SmithBucklin, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, Texas A&M University, Marathon Oil, Sprint and Progressive Insurance, in addition to government agencies at the local, state and national level. Additionally, he serves as an adjunct instructor in the Cox Business Leadership Center at Southern Methodist University.
Pennington is a frequent radio talk show guest/commentator. His ideas and comments on integrity, trust, and commitment have appeared in The New York Times, Entrepreneur, Executive Excellence, on CNN, Fox News, the BBC, the ABC radio network and in numerous professional and trade association journals. His book, On My Honor, I Will, has been released in a third edition. In his endorsement of On My Honor, Ross Perot says "Randy Pennington has cracked the code of great leadership." His second book, Results Rule! Build a Culture that Blows the Competition Away, received the 2007 Best Books Award from USA Book News. His third book, Make Change Work, was released in July 2013 by Wiley.
Randy's background is a unique blend of line, staff and consulting experiences ranging from hourly employee to senior management. He holds Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Psychology and completed postgraduate work in Organization Administration and Management. He was the 1998-99 Chairman of the Board for the American Heart Association, Texas Affiliate, and a founding member of the Texas Council on Disease and Stroke. Randy has earned the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation and has been inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame. He is Past Chairman of the NSA Foundation Board of Trustees and NSA Board of Directors.
- Make Change Work™: Staying Nimble, Relevant, and Engaged in a World of Constant Change - A fundamental shift is occuring in how business is conducted. Change no longer influences the environment - it is the environment. That's why this session is so important - it provides practical tools to help leaders and organizations meet the challenges of continuous change in these transformational times. New challenges are presented to us every day. We can survive and flourish by learning to stay nimble, relevant and engaged in a constantly changing world. Participants in this entertaining, fast-paced session receive practical information based on Randy Pennington's 20 years of experience helping organizations initiate and manage change. The specific content will be designed and customized for you from the following list of objectives.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Describe how change has changed and why the ability to continuously and quickly adapt is critical for personal success and business survival
- Identify the five reasons why individuals and organizations have difficulty adapting to change and what you can do to overcome them
- Utilize seven change leadership strategies to turn intentions into action enable your team to change more quickly and often.
- Address seven behaviors your team members may exhibit to block change.
- Develop personal strategies to thrive in the midst of change and make change a way of life!
- Results Rule!® : Be a Hero in a "Me Too" World - Your organization is either a hero, a has-been or a wanna-be. That's where creating a Results Rule! culture will turn your uniqueness into a competitive asset that clears the playing field. Results Rule! is all about getting focused on producing results year after year after year and breaking out of the "me too" club. A compelling culture is the competitive asset that sets you apart. Here's an opportunity to stop standing in the way of your own success.
The marketplace never lies - Results Rule!
- Establish a clear distinction between you and the other guy.
- Build and grow a culture focused on producing results.
- Create the catalyst for enhancing customer value and increased effectiveness in everything you do.
- Dodos & Coyotes: Only the Nimble Survive - The story of two animals reveals what it will take for you to remain relevant and successful in the future. The dodo bird went from living a comfortable life in a wonderful environment to extinction in less than 100 years. In contrast, the coyote has expanded its territory and flourished as its way of life was threatened and altered. So which are you? A dodo or a coyote?
Only the nimble survive. This session provides you with the strategies and mindset you will need to thrive in the face of constant change and uncertainty.
In this unique and memorable session, you will learn:
- Where you are right now - if you are a dodo or a coyote.
- The seven characteristics that doomed the dodo and make the coyote the model for nimbleness and adaptability.
- The three steps you must take immediately to avoid becoming a dodo and thrive like the coyote in the future.
- On My Honor, I Will : The Journey to Integrity-Driven® Leadership - What if you could have a blueprint for becoming the leader you always wanted to be... one who achieves results and inspires trust? What if that blueprint had been field-tested by hundreds of thousands of leaders from all walks of life?
Here's the news - the blueprint exists. Forty simple words will transform you into an integrity-driven leader in your business and your life.
- Earn a reputation for doing what's right through the discipline of personal integrity
- Build and sustain partnerships with others by mastering the art of interpersonal integrity
- Grow an organization and develop a culture that lives the integrity of its values