John Mattone is widely acknowledged as one the world's leading authorities on leadership, talent and culture. He advises Fortune 1000 CEO's and senior leadership teams on how to create and sustain a leadership and talent culture that drives superior operating results.
John is a powerfully engaging, internationally-acclaimed keynote speaker and top-ranked CEO executive coach. If you Google the 30 top leadership gurus of 2015, you'll find John Mattone at number 9, after Marshall Goldsmith and ahead of Jim Collins. Recently, John was honored by his executive coaching peers (The Association of Corporate Executive Coaches), with the prestigious 2015 International Executive Coach Thought Leader of Distinction Award,in recognition of his thought leadership and his work as a global executive coach. He was nominated for the prestigious 2013 Thinkers50 Leadership Award, which recognizes the global thinker who has contributed most significantly to our understanding of leadership over the last two years. He was named to the Thinkers50 "Guru Radar" in 2011 and 2013, which recognizes the world's fastest rising stars in the fields of leadership and management thinking. He is also currently recognized by HR.com and Warren Bennis' Leadership Excellence Magazine as one of the world's top independent leadership consultants, executive coaches, and speakers. John is one of nine executive coaches in the world who have been awarded the coveted Master Corporate Executive Coach (MCEC) certification from the Association of Corporate Executive Coaches. John is also the creator of a number of breakthrough leadership and culture assessments, including theMattone Leadership Enneagram Inventory (MLEI), which served as the centerpiece of his 2-part coaching session with Steve Jobs.
John is the author of seven books, including two recent best-sellers. His newest release, Cultural Transformations: Lessons of Leadership & Corporate Reinvention from the C-Suite Elite (Wiley, 2016) unlocks the keys to leadership development and cultural transformation through intimate interviews with fourteen CEOs from top organizations. John is the co-author of one of the most respected studies of leadership and talent development in the world, The Trends in Leadership Development and Talent Management, which is published bi-annually by Pearson. John was recently appointed Distinguished Senior Fellow of one of leading business schools in the world, the Hult International Business School and he is the host of his own show, "The CEO Magazine's C-Suite Coaching Show."
John Mattone's work has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Businessweek, Inc. Magazine, MarketWatch, The Huffington Post, The CEO Magazine, ChiefExecutive.net, CLO Magazine, CIO Magazine, The Globe and Mail, Harvard Business Review, and many other respected global news outlets. John Mattone and his work have also been the subject of a 30-minute documentary produced by PBS.
John has over 30 years' experience in the fields of executive development, leadership and talent development, human capital management, as an entrepreneur who has built two successful human capital consulting firms, as the President of a multi-million dollar leadership consulting firm, and as a leading researcher and author known throughout the Fortune 500 as a cutting edge thinker in the area of trends in executive development and developing high-potential and emerging leaders.
John is the founder and CEO of John Mattone-Global. Prior to this, John was the President of one of the top leadership consulting firms in the world, Executive Development Associates, Inc., (EDA) and prior to EDA he was the Vice President of Assessments forLinkage, Inc. Prior to Linkage, John was the Vice President of Sales for Drake Beam Morin, the global career and outplacement firm. Before joining DBM, John spent 10 years building his first successful consulting firm, Human Resources International.
- Unlock Your Massive Leadership Potential...Unleash a Winning Culture! - This powerful presentation is based on John Mattone's best-seller, Intelligent Leadership. John, who was recently recognized as one of the world's top ten leadership authorities and top twenty executive coaches, will teach you the principles that make him the man that leaders and future leaders all around the world turn to for game-changing insights on how to overcome their self-imposed limiting thoughts and habits. He reveals his key insights for unlocking and unleashing greatness in yourself and your teams so you can create a compelling, winning culture that drives operating results.
The ideal audience for this program are current successful leaders, high-potential leaders and the vast number of Gen X and Y'ers who must strengthen themselves as leaders, regardless of their own aspirations to become a manager or not. Ultimately, this program is for leaders and future leaders at all levels who desire to become the best they can be. For organizations...it's about creating and sustaining a powerful leadership culture that drives breakthrough results. John Mattone utilizes his proprietary "Leadership Maturity Model" as the foundation for teaching leaders and emerging leaders the predictive components that unlock and unleash their full potential. These components include: (1) the core of achieving emotional maturity-possessing a strong self-awareness, self-concept, values, and optimistic belief system; (2) positive thinking; (3) positive emotions that empower both the leader and others; and (4) possessing the skills to execute mature leadership behaviors and competencies that drive leadership success.
- Transforming Culture...The Road to Accelerating Reinvention & Renewal - In John's newest power-packed presentation, based on his blockbuster book, Cultural Transformations (Wiley & Sons, 2016), he reveals the critical steps that must be planned-out and executed in order for any organization to create and sustain a renewed, winning culture that engages, inspires and unleashes talent in support of driving breakthrough results.
Culture is the foundation from which successful organizations are built-however, most struggle to create an environment in which employees can be fulfilled, effective in their work, and feel "unleashed". What exactly is it that makes some organizations achieve and sustain breakthrough success, while others struggle with cultural transformation...whether it involves crafting a new compelling vision and culture or merging cultures? Based on years of research and advising Fortune 1000 CEO's and senior leadership teams, John Mattone argues that the highest performing organizations both embrace and execute 6 critical steps to achieving positive transformation, but transforming culture always begins with a CEO who is both willing and able to "think big" and be bold while maintaining a heavy dose of "humility." In this dynamic presentation, John Mattone details the essence of what is meant by the "vulnerability decision" as well as the other critical steps that must be executed in order for your organization to effectively accelerate its' own reinvention.
- It's About Talent...It Will Always Be About Talent: How to Create & Sustain a Winning Talent Culture - This program is based on John Mattone's breakthrough Amazon best-seller, Talent Leadership. The program is geared for HR professionals and operations leaders who are charged with designing, implementing and/or conducting leadership assessment and coaching processes and practices.
John Mattone's proprietary "Stealth Cultural Leadership" Model provides the foundation for learning about the critical talent practices that need to be optimized and integrated in order for an organization to achieve and sustain success in talent management. These elements include: (1) isolating target leadership competencies; (2) utilizing a variety of objective assessments to calibrate performance, potential and readiness; (3) integrating assessment data to identify strengths and development needs; (4) creating compelling IDP's that guide and motivate; and (5) coaching leaders from the "inside-out."
- Success Mapping: Unlock & Unleash Your Massive Potential - John Mattone is the man Fortune 500 companies turn to for game-changing leadership theory insights on how to help their leaders and employees overcome their self-imposed limiting thoughts, beliefs and habits, and discover powerful and unique ways to unlock and unleash their potential. John Mattone helps people achieve an "inner-core" balance by strengthening their self-image, character and values, thinking patterns, beliefs, emotions, and actions, so they realize greater success...stronger relationships, stronger partnerships, new levels of achievement, and wellness.
This interactive program will prepare and cultivate your heart, mind and soul so you are poised to "touch" the hearts, minds and souls of those with whom you work and live. In the role of grandparent, parent, spouse, son or daughter, and as a working professional regardless of title or occupation, there is truly no more a noble, worthy or rewarding life pursuit than discovering the keys to achieving a stronger "mental state" as a foundation to unlocking and unleashing your own massive potential, as well as the potential of those with whom you work and live. John Mattone will teach you that success is not tied to having abundance; his philosophy is that it is the "disciplined pursuit of less, in the end, will give you more".
Your Success Roadmap: How to Create Your Powerful, Compelling Future is a research and empirically-based program that uses John's Wheel of Professional Success™ and Map of Maturity™ as the foundation for explaining the predictive relationships that exist between an individual's "inner-core" strength, "outer-core" competencies, achieving "mental balance" and how your heightened "brilliance" can drive a stronger, more vibrant and effective person. Beyond explanation, however, this program will challenge you to reflect on, connect with, and accept both the "gifts" and development opportunities you possess. From there, he will guide you in specific ways on how to strengthen your "innercore" character, values, beliefs, thoughts and emotions as well as your "outer-core" competencies so you breakthrough your self-imposed limitations and can achieve all that you are capable of achieving as a person and a professional, while maintaining "balance" and health.
- Leadership & Talent Management Trends: What's Now: What's Next? This engaging and insightful program is based on John Mattone's "Trends in Executive Development" research published by Pearson, the world's leading education company. Professor Mattone's research is widely regarded as one of the most authoritative and respected global research studies in the field of leadership development and leadership theory. Mattone surveyed and interviewed over 100 global organizations to isolate the cutting edge executive development and talent management practices and processes they use to drive operating success.
In this dynamic presentation, Professor Mattone will:
- Show you how leading edge companies develop their talent;
- Show you how your organization's efforts compare to the "best of the best";
- Discuss the critical competency gaps of the next generation of leaders;
- Pinpoint the processes companies use to identify high-potential and emerging leaders;
- Discuss the implications of the impending baby boomer exit;
- Equip you with ideas and strategies for accurately identifying and developing your future leaders; and
- Show you how to prepare your leaders and emerging leaders for the future
John Mattone's Twenty 2020 concept offers a powerful and compelling look at the future of talent management and executive development. The Twenty 2020 concept identifies the critical 20 leadership development and talent management practices that must be implemented and executed immediately by any organization to successfully mitigate their operating risk and ensure their survival and viability-through the year 2020 and beyond.
- How to Identify and Develop Your High-Potential and Future Leaders - This engaging program is designed to enable attendees to understand and develop a succession management process for leadership theory that accurately identifies and develops leaders and future leaders, including:
- Building a Succession Management Value Proposition (SMVP)
- Benchmarking your organization's succession management program using Mattone's Succession Management Index (SMI)
- Applying state-of-the-art bench strength analyses
- Conducting formal succession reviews
- Planning and executing development activities
- Integrating succession programs with other HR programs
- Measuring the ROI of your organization's succession management program
- World-Class HR Leadership: It's About Talent, Leadership & Being a Great HR Partner - The conversation about HR having a "seat at the table" is over. The door is wide open and the Human Resources function has its seat; increasingly one being populated by HR Business Partners that are aligned with business units rather than, or in addition to a centralized HR function. But for many organizations that have filled these roles with HR generalists, long on skills in the HR function but short on experience in other areas of the business, these partnerships are proving frustrating for both sides. Now, more than ever, HR professionals need a whole new set of competencies, some related to talent and some related to business to deliver the results their organizations are looking for.