James is the current president of 9 Screens International and is a featured keynote speaker and organizational training and development consultant whose powerful keynotes, training sessions, and workshops have captivated audiences around the world. James' unique storytelling ability pulls in the audience with humor, insight and motivation. His most requested topics specialize in customer service, leadership and organizational issues.
James presents to a vast array of industries across the United States and abroad. His extensive background in healthcare leads him to speak to hospitals, insurance agencies, educators and private clinics that focus on a broad range of topics - from personal potential to customer service - inspiring performance and addressing industry-specific concerns, including malpractice and patient services; however, his message is universal across industries and he has with the ability to envision, create and implement finely-honed motivational presentations designed to educate and challenge conference event attendees in a relaxed and interactive environment.
James has published two books, I'm on Fire, Watch me Burn!, and Torch Tips for a Luminous Life and has developed and delivered three Continuing Education (CE) courses utilized by health insurance agents to fulfill State of California continuing licensure requirements.
- "James did an OUTSTANDING job! The crowd raved about him. He has a gift to incorporate our industry and previous comments made at the general session into his speech that enabled our audience to connect. He personalized it as best as anyone possibly could have." - Illinois Association Executive
- Jackpot: Maximizing Our Chances for Success - A truly interactive, fast-paced and captivating program, this is nothing like you've ever seen! Featuring questions, handouts, discussions, self-evaluations, goal-setting, multimedia, prize drawings, recognition of fellow employees, rap and more, James co-delivers Jackpot with his daughter Natasha. This program works great as a conference keynote, a breakout session or even a team-building event.
- Dazzling Service - In this most requested session, James shares his top-ten most effective service techniques gathered from his 20 years of experience. This dynamic keynote enhances interactions with both our internal and external customers, as well as with our relationships outside of work. James discusses handling irate customers, secrets to recovery, powerful apologies, and listening with intention.
- Loyalty - This keynote speech discusses the question, "What does it require to keep a customer loyal? A highlight of this experience is when the entire audience vows to never again utter the ultimate word of indifference, "whatever."
- Great Full! - James presents a unique view of gratitude. When we begin looking for the positives, instead of the negatives, wonderful things happen. Morale increases, teamwork abounds, and retention strengthens.
- Yield to New Ideas - This presentation explores the methods for employees and employers to find the positives with change. Whether it is a corporate merger, corporate restructuring, or downsizing, finding the positives in change will create an environment of growth and loyalty.
- Taking Care of Business -This 3-hour interactive workshop contains James' most requested topics. In this age of change and uncertainty there are 3 areas of focus that will ensure our success. First, we must take care of our customers. Second, we must take care of our staff. Whether you have only one employee, or a staff of 30, the way we treat them is reflected in their own levels of service. Third, and perhaps most important, we must take care of ourselves. This includes having both a healthy body and a positive attitude. Come to this workshop prepared to laugh, reflect, and make decisions that will help you take care of business.
- Passing the Spark: Motivating Others - This interactive class offers documented, proven strategies that will motivate your associates. James also includes test cases from Fortune 100 companies. This course includes the need for motivation (energizing your team), moments of truth (loyalty), the Pygmalion Phenomenon (expectations of others), the Foreman Facts Model (retention and turnover), the Southwest Airlines Secret (service), and Captain Abrashoff's Miracle (leadership hero). Come prepared to laugh, reflect, and revolutionize your leadership abilities.