Sonya Jones captured the attention and hearts of viewers with her upbeat attitude and dedication to succeed during her tenure in Season 16 of NBC’s TV show The Biggest Loser. Sonya was the only female finalist in the show’s 16th season.
Before becoming a contestant on the show, Sonya admits that she struggled with self-worth and self- confidence. She had been overweight her entire life and was determined to make a change. As an elementary physical education teacher, Sonya knew she should be the model of health and fitness. Instead Sonya stood on the scale feeling embarrassed and like a hypocrite at 283 pounds in June 2014. Six months later Jones stepped onto the scale and into the hearts of millions of Americans as she dropped a whopping 144 pounds and had lost 50.88% of her body weight.
Sonya Jones earned a Bachelor of Science in Physical Education at Greenville College in Greenville, IL. She was a two-time Collegiate All-American in fastpitch softball as well as a semi-professional athlete. She also earned Master's Degrees in Educational Leadership and Educational Administration from the University of Illinois at Springfield. Sonya is an Outreach Representative for HSHS Medical Group and is a certified speaker with the John Maxwell Team.
- Biggest Loser and Beyond - My greatest desire as a former contestant on NBC's The Biggest Loser is to pay forward all of the tremendous lessons that I have learned while on The Ranch and Beyond. This talk weaves stories from the Biggest Loser as well as life experiences to motivate, encourage and inspire you to be the best version of you that you can be. I'll share stories from The Ranch as well as stories from Beyond the Ranch that will remind you to make the best of your life now!
- Why Not You? -
You have the power within you to make a difference in the world around you. You can be an agent of change in the lives of the people around you and truly impact this world. What is holding you back? What fears do you need to set aside? What keeps you from believing that you have what it takes to make a difference? Join me in this presentation of how to both ask and answer the tough question of…Why Not Me? Let's peel back the layers of whatever is keeping you from answering this very important question and embark on a journey of you becoming a game changer in the lives of others.
- All In -
When you jump off of a boat into the ocean you don't just get a little wet…you get SOAKED! Every inch of you gets submersed in the water and you go all in. In this presentation, you will be encouraged to stop skimming the surface of your life and your relationships and be motivated to go all in. I want you to proceed with reckless abandon in every area of your life. I've often said, "If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!" Become a grizzly as you go "All In" to become the best version of you that you can become.
- Beautiful Things (Religious) - Our God is the God of new creations...not better creations...but new creations. This incredibly powerful talk is an encouragement to women to not allow the past to dictate our future. God's mercies are new every morning and John 10:10 tells us that the thief comes to kill, steal and destroy but God has come that we might have life to the full. Let's explore together how often the difficult things in life can be turned into beautiful lessons when surrendered to Jesus.
- OH HEY, GIRL, HEY!!!! (Non-Religious) - Ladies, are you looking for a Girls Night Out speaker? Are you looking for someone who can both entertain you and help put things into perspective? Do you want to laugh, cry, snort, hug and love on your girlfriends? If so, this is the perfect session for you. With the multitude of tasks before you as a mom, daughter, friend, neighbor, wife, boss, employee, sister and the list goes on and on…you might just need a break. This session will remind you of why you "do what you do" and how to survive while "doing what you do.
- Join the Journey - Most of us can agree that keeping the weight off is more difficult than losing the weight. However, it is also important to know that wellness is much more than weight loss. Join Sonya Jones as she encourages you to Join the Journey to your own personal health and wellness. You'll laugh and be inspired to take the best possible care of yourself that you can take.
- Lessons from a Loser - Great for school assemblies, clubs, youth groups or any other group of students. This talk is great for junior high, high school and college age students who are speeding toward a tremendous future. I will encourage students to understand their actions today will affect their tomorrow. This talk is about character development and understanding that the decisions that are made when no one else is looking are the most important. Sonya encourages students to do their best, act their best and most importantly, to believe in themselves.
- Leading vs. Being Out on a Walk - As a teacher, coach and former administrator, I understand the importance of leadership. I also understand that in order for us to be leaders, people must be following us. If no one is following you, you aren't leading anyone, you're simply out on a walk. In our time together we will actively learn how to create a positive atmosphere, ownership and buy-in on staff. We will create unity through team building experiences and demonstrate how your team, your school, your staff can work together cohesively and effectively. Life is too short to be miserable in the work place, let's work together and build the strongest team possible.