Author and international keynote speaker Karin Hurt inspires transformational change.
Recently named on Inc's list of 100 Great Leadership Speakers and American Management Association's 50 Leaders to Watch, Karin Hurt helps leaders from around the world achieve breakthrough results without losing their souls.
Karin has over two decades of experience in customer service, sales, and human resources. She's the award-winning author of: Winning Well: A Manager's Guide to Getting Results-Without Losing Your Soul, Overcoming an Imperfect Boss, Courageous Cultures (Harper Collins 2020), and Glowstone Peak - a book for readers of all ages about courage, influence, and hope.
A former Verizon Wireless executive, Karin transformed customer service outsourcing (96M calls/year) to reach parity in quality with internal centers and developed a leading sales team that won the President's Award for Customer Growth.
Her keynotes inspire leaders with proven and practical leadership techniques developed over her rich career as an executive, speaker, and strategic advisor.
Karin has a BA in Communication from Wake Forest University, an MA from Towson University in Organizational Communication, and additional graduate work at the University of Maryland, where she teaches in the Executive Education program.
She and her husband, David Dye, are dedicated to their philanthropic initiative, Winning Wells, which provides clean water wells to communities struggling with access to safe water throughout Southeast Asia.
Karin lives outside of Washington, DC. She knows the stillness of a yogi, the reflective road of a marathoner, and the joy of being a mom raising emerging leaders.
- Winning Well: Breakthrough Results - Without Losing Your Soul - Do you ever wish your team had more energy, would get more done, or solve problems on their own? It's tempting to demand more, tighten control, and micromanage to get more results out of your team...but there is a better way. Winning Well is a practical leadership strategy to achieve breakthrough results that really last. Get results while keeping your team (and yourself) energized, motivated and inspired. Join award-winning author, Karin Hurt as she uses humor and real-life examples to guide you and your team through the art of inspiration, influence, and lasting impact.
In this program discover how to:
- Mind the MIT: (the Most Important Thing)that contributes to consistent, breakthrough results
- Play the Game: don't game the score. Use data to drive, and not drown, your team
- Own the UGLY: eliminate the most common productivity killers
- Ditch the Diaper Genie: correct poor performance without drama
- Put People Before Projects: quickly build a more competent and confident work force
- Rock Your Role: leverage your strengths to make a unique contribution to the organization
- Channel Challengers: build better relationships - up, down, and sideways
- Trust the Trenches: know the people closest to your customer or product and what they have to say
- Courageous Cultures: Building Teams of Micro-Innovators, Problem Solvers, and Customer Advocates - What would happen if every member of your team came to work focused on finding solutions and creating better results? Based on ground-breaking new research in innovation and problem-solving, you'll learn what leaders like you are doing to build more creative and solutions-oriented teams. You'll explore the root causes of FOSU (fear of speaking up) and techniques to turn your team's fears and frustration into innovation. You'll learn techniques to navigate the elegant dance between clarity and curiosity and practical tools to help your team discover micro-innovations and share best practices.
The audience will leave with:
- Easy-to-use tools and techniques to empower solutions-thinking and customer-focused problem solving
- A clear understanding of what's blocking everyday innovation in their teams
- Communication strategies to eliminate FOSU (Fear of Speaking Up) and encourage deeper dialogue up, down and sideways
- A plan they can apply right away
Karin will inspire your team with real examples of turnaround successes and powerful tools from her executive roles and her work with companies around the world. Your audience will leave with tools and techniques they can immediately apply with their teams.
- Leading Through Uncertainty and Change - How do you inspire hope and performance when you don't know what's coming next? Your mission is sacred, but uncertainty and change are inescapable. Your customers need your team at their best, even when they're feeling frustrated and confused. Your team is looking to you for confidence, inspiration, and hope. How do you keep your team energized and motivated when so much is changing? How do you keep them focused on what matters most without adding to their stress? How do you encourage and support your team when you don't have all the answers?
In this high-energy, interactive keynote, you will learn practical ways to inspire and encourage your team, particularly during times of uncertainty and change, and to show up strong for your customers-and for yourselves, your family, and the people you work with.
Through strategic storytelling, humor, and interactive exercises, your team will leave with more confidence and competence for greater influence and impact.
- Master Tough Conversations: Communicating for Influence and Results - Do you have a tough conversation you need to have, but are avoiding at all costs? Do you have a tough conversation you need to have, but are avoiding at all costs? Have you ever regretted not having the tough conversation, as you watched someone you truly care about repeat a pattern that severely impacted your business? Is your team speaking with the candor they need to own the ugly problems in your organization and make the best decisions? Mastering the art of the tough conversation is a key to success in business, life, and creating a healthy, vibrant culture. One of the greatest gifts you can give another human being is to tell them the truth. This very popular keynote works well across a wide range of industries, countries, and cultures and is easily adapted for leaders and individual contributors at all levels. Filled with inspiring stories, humor, and very practical tools, your audience will leave with tools they can implement right away to take their communication to the next level.
- Becoming the Brand: 7 Ways to Connect Your Team to What Matters Most - Great commercials, strong PR, a brilliant social media strategy all warrant effort when building your company's brand, but there's no better PR than an army of loyal employees living and breathing your brand. There's no better PR than an army of loyal employees living and breathing your brand. You know the type: folks with enthusiasm bursting from their veins, talking up your products and services with their friends at every bar, family gathering, and sporting event they attend. "No, I'm telling you this works, I've seen it from the inside! This product has changed my life! Let me show you." Or "I'm so sorry you had that experience, it's not usually like that."
Yes, you can define your brand and advertise it. But don't overlook the power of your employees as brand ambassadors. Our best employees want to be part of the inner circle. To build business sustainability and strengthen your competitive advantage, increase ownership by treating your staff as owners of your brand. In this high-energy program, you'll learn 7 ways to get employees at every level of the organization advocating for your brand.
- Association Leadership: 7 Ways to Turn Your Volunteers into Brand Ambassadors - Great commercials, strong PR, a brilliant social media strategy all warrant effort when building your chapter's brand. But there's no better PR than an army of loyal volunteers and employees living and breathing your brand. You know the type: individuals with enthusiasm bursting from their veins, talking up your chapter with their friends and colleagues at every work event, family gathering, and sporting event they attend. "No, I'm telling you, this association changed my life!" Or "I'm so sorry you had that experience, it's not usually like that."
Yes, you can define your brand and advertise it. But don't overlook the power of your volunteers as brand ambassadors. Our best people want to be part of the inner circle. To build sustainability and strengthen your competitive advantage, increase ownership by treating your volunteers as owners of your brand. In this high-energy program, you'll learn seven ways to get both your volunteers and members advocating for your brand. The added bonus is that these can also be used for your employees!