At an age when most kids were reading comic books, Bill Herz was learning to shuffle a deck of cards with one hand. Today he is regarded as one of the most entertaining corporate magicians in the world.
Bill started Magicorp in 1987 to handle the ever-increasing demand for his performing expertise and special event know-how. Except for taking a little time out to earn a bachelor's degree from Amherst College and a master's degree from Cornell University, Bill has spent the past twenty-five years performing at corporate events.
Bill currently performs at over 200 corporate events each year and also teaches executives their own meeting magic. Bill's unique mix of comedy and magic has been applauded at corporate functions throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, India, and Thailand. He is a two-time winner of the International Magical Performers Award. As a theatrical consultant, Bill designs and creates special effects for Broadway shows, major motion pictures, television commercials as well as industrial and training videos. He is the author of Secrets of the Astonishing Executive, published by Avon Books.
Bill's performances are always custom-tailored to the audience. Whether performing during a meeting, entertaining clients after dinner or astonishing guests at a cocktail party with his sleight of hand, Bill always integrates audience participation, humor and his unforgettable wizardry to ensure a special event that's truly special.
- Expect the Unexpected - In an increasingly difficult business environment it's not what you see coming at you that will give you the greatest challenges. It's the surprises. It's the unknowns. It's what you least expect that will undermine the "best laid plans." As a magician, Bill Herz specializes in preparing people for those surprises. In his full hour long entertaining and informative keynote speech, Bill uses magic to teach the audience how to expect the unexpected.
In this lecture-demonstration, Bill uses video, audience interaction and magic to teach the group how to become more objective in viewing an entire landscape. The participants are shown how to separate the "real issues" from the "illusions" and thus, focus attention where it is most needed. The presentation is fast-paced, humorous and is tailored for each specific audience. It is delivered in a light, entertaining manner. It can be delivered on its own, or it can be abbreviated, tailored and added onto a traditional entertainment performance.
- Close-Up Magic - A sleight-of-hand expert, Bill will entertain and amaze your guests right under their noses. No stages, no sets, no requirements. Anywhere, anytime. With Close-Up Magic, intimate miracles for small groups at receptions, pre-dinner functions and parties where a formal show isn't the best solution. It is a great ice-breaker as objects vanish, money multiplies, cards change and impossibilities occur, right in your guests' hand.
- Close-Up Show - A Close-Up show is perfect for groups of five to fifty people. It is a more formalized, yet casual show of close-up magic. The guests are seated audience style around a table. The performer entertains with close-up miracles involving the entire audience with cards, coins, watches, rings and of course, some ESP. The only thing needed is a table and a group that wants to have fun. The show usually lasts around forty-five minutes but can be shortened or lengthened to fit any schedule.
- The Stand-up Show - The Stand-Up show is an interactive comedy magic and mind reading show. Ideal for groups of 20 to 2,000, it's an event that makes the audience the stars of the show. This fast paced energetic display of visual dexterity, wit and psychological mysteries is a show designed for thinking audiences, as everyone becomes a part of the action. Borrowed objects vanish and reappear, spectators' thoughts are stolen and eye-popping impossibilities make the most sophisticated audiences wonder if what they saw was possible. All that's needed is a table and a microphone.
- Emcee or Meeting Host - Need to keep the meeting moving? Bill will make it happen. Using magic, mind reading and illusions, he keeps the energy of the general session up over the day or several days. Whether serious or lighthearted speaker introductions, natural topic segues, housekeeping notes, announcing coffee breaks or breakout sessions, the predictability of the meeting is removed, while adding some frequently needed mystery, comedy and relief.
- Team Building - That's right, team building. Bill has come up with a really unique, memorable and fun way to help your organization revitalize morale, increase product knowledge and demonstrate the importance of teamwork. Tell him your goals and he'll customize an event your attendees will never forget.