T. Scott Gross is more than a writer who speaks; he literally has been there and done that!
A veteran of the hospitality industry, Gross started from the bottom, literally from the business end of a pot sink! His credibility from his years in that industry has earned him the respect of audiences everywhere as an entrepreneur who knows what it's like to make payroll every Friday.
Best known for his first book, Positively Outrageous Service, now in its second edition, with over 200,000 copies in circulation world-wide in a multitude of languages, Scott continues to delight audiences with his subtle humor, masterful storytelling and take-home value, challenging his audiences to make work fun. His subsequent books, 14 in all, validate the need-and rewards-of delivering a customer service experience so positive that your customers become your best marketing tool.
Scott's client list is as diverse as the Fortune 500, including such respected companies as Southwest Airlines, Ford, and WalMart. Presenting to audiences from as small as six to over 3,000, Scott has seen his audiences change from Boomers and Traditionals to a majority of Millennials, those who were born after the digital age began. Studying this generation and, in his subsequent book Millennial Rules...How Millennials Are Changing the Way We Sell, Scott believes the Millennials will "lead us where we should have already gone!"
On a personal level, Scott considers himself just a regular guy who loves his family and cares for his community. His accomplishments include being an EMT first responder-having made over 280 emergency runs... an instrument-rated pilot-with over 3,700 flight hours... a certified wild land firefighter... AND a former city councilman, including a term as mayor pro tem... all while continuing to write books, blog, and speak. But Gross admits his favorite titles are Pops, Dad, and Tiger.
Scott intends to always be current, always be relevant, and in pilot terms, live like his tail's on fire!
- Cues, Clues, and Tattoos...What to do When Millennials Run the World - Your world isn't about to change-it has already changed and there is no end of change in sight. We are now in the digital age of the Millennials. Millennials are different and different CAN be good. It all depends on how you respond. Some say Millennials are spoiled and entitled. Some say Millennials are leading us to where we should have gone in the first place. No matter which viewpoint is right, Millennials are here to stay. Deal with it! Spend an hour or so with T. Scott Gross and you will discover the Millennial mantra: My way. Right away. Why pay? And you will also discover that the path to surviving a market dominated by Millennials will include unbundling, negotiating, and customizing like never before.
- Selling to Millennials takes a whole new skill-set
- Millennials really do want you to disappear...we'll show you how!
- What's with the tattoos? Don't worry. They're just customizing!
- Millennials, not known for their loyalty, can be valuable assets-if you know the secret
- How will the Millennial generation impact the Boomers and other generations? Invisibly, of course!
- Positively Outrageous Service: Creating Compelling, Positive Word of Mouth - "Customer service is the expression of your brand." Have you ever experienced customer service so good you couldn't wait to talk about it? Then you were probably being served by one of Scott's clients! Scott teaches his customers how to make their customers say "Wow!" His drop-dead funny stories are living reminders that Scott lives the ideas he shares. Your audience will laugh as they learn how to deliver POS. Scotts insight on building high performance teams were all gained through sometimes difficult, always interesting hands-on experiences. Nobody knows more than T. Scott Gross about building powerful and local brands.
Your audience will learn:
- What customers really want
- Surprising trends that influence the buying decision
- When and how to deliver Positively Outrageous Service
- How to recruit, train, and retain Service Naturals
- How to use POS principles to multiply your marketing efforts
- How values shape your brand
- Turned On Teams Can Do Anything! - What's the best way to learn about teams? You have to join them, see them from the inside, and learn their secrets the hard way because the hard way is the only way that high performance teams will show their stuff. T. Scott Gross sailed an oil tanker out of Valdez, chased smugglers on the Mexican border, fought forest fires in California and experienced a dozen of the roughest, toughest jobs in search of the secrets that allow turned-on teams to do anything. Get ready to get dirty!
- The lost power of the 1st day...missing a golden opportunity
- Team moments and team intelligence...build teams faster
- Art happens...when the worker connects with the work
- Competence holds fear at bay...use this to your advantage
- Big problems make big people...don't run out of problems!
- On-focus briefings...an overlooked trick for making any team powerful