How do today's best leaders accelerate business results? By engaging their employees to execute on strategy, vision, and values. In his challenging, information-packed talks, #1 bestselling leadership author Adrian Gostick provides real solutions on managing change, driving innovation, and leading high-performance teams.
Gostick is a global workplace expert and thought leader in the fields of corporate culture, leadership, and engagement. He is founder of the training and consulting company The Culture Works and author of the #1 New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestsellers All In, The Carrot Principle and The Best Team Wins. His books have been translated into 30 languages and have sold 1.5 million copies around the world.
As a leadership expert, he has been called "fascinating," by Fortune magazine and "creative and refreshing" by the New York Times. Gostick has appeared on "NBC's Today Show" and CNN, and is often quoted in The Economist, Newsweek, and Wall Street Journal. If you Google the 30 Top Leadership Gurus, he is on the list along side Jack Welch and Jim Collins. His consulting clients include Danaher, Bank of America, Rolls Royce, JELD-WEN and California Pizza Kitchen.
- The Best TEAM Wins: The 5 Disciplines of Today's Most Effective Team Leaders - The vast majority of employees' days are now spent working collaboratively, but still 96 percent of executives cite poor teamwork as the main source of workplace failures in their organizations. It might be the most-pressing question organizations must address: How can managers lead their teams to improved performance given the volatility and challenges we face today. Based on an 850,000-person study of the most profitable, innovative work teams, New York Times bestselling author Adrian Gostick introduces his audiences to the new science of teamwork-helping leaders deal with the increased speed of change in business, global and remote employees, the rise of the Millennials, the need to work more cross-functionally across departments, and more.
Gostick's research has discovered a set of leadership disciplines that make the biggest difference in building today's best teams. He helps leaders:
- Manage to the One - Identify the drivers of each team member for maximum engagement
- Speed Productivity - Help new people and teams work faster & smarter
- Challenge Everything - Inspire greater innovation through healthy debate
- Focus on Customers - Build bridges across functions, cultures, and distance
- All In - How Great Leaders Develop a Culture of Belief and Deliver Big Results - While most leaders understand their most reliable competitive advantage comes from their people, few know how to get their teams "all in" - convincing employees to buy into the strategy they've put forward. If a culture is clear, positive, and strong, then people will believe what they do matters and that they can make a difference. If a culture is dysfunctional-chaotic, combative or indifferent-employees will spend more time thinking about why the people sitting next to them should be fired than getting fired up themselves. Teaming up with research giant Towers Watson, #1 bestselling author Adrian Gostick presents the findings of an unprecedented 300,000-person study conducted in the worst of the recession for his book All In. Based on this breakthrough research and his extensive consulting experience with a who's who of successful organizations, he presents a simple roadmap that all managers can follow to create a high-achieving culture in their own teams where employees are engaged, enabled and energized.
Gostick offers specific how-tos for each step, and tells fascinating stories of leaders in action that vividly depict just how these powerful methods can be implemented. Audiences will learn:
- the 3 research-based characteristics of the world's most profitable, productive organizational and team cultures;
- the 7 steps today's most successful leaders use to generate buy-in;
- how managers at any level can build a productive workgroup culture of their own where employees commit to the culture and give an extra push of effort.
- Carrots 2.0 - How Today's Managers Use Recognition to Engage Their People, Retain Talent and Accelerate Performance - Most managers want to create cultures where their teams achieve above-and-beyond results, but for a culture to really take off teammates must encourage each other on a daily basis. The answer is in rooting for each other: having each other's backs, appreciating strengths, and recognizing strategic behaviors. Based his #1 bestselling book The Carrot Principle, which unveiled a 10-year, 200,000- person survey, Gostick has become the preeminent authority on employee recognition. Now, he introduces us to Carrots 2.0-showing incontrovertible evidence that today's employees respond best when they are recognized for things they are good at and for those actions where they had to stretch.
Gostick introduces audiences to new generational and industry-specific data from his 2016 proprietary survey of 14,000 working adults-helping managers link recognition to what is most meaningful to their employees. He introduces practical concepts that help managers encourage excellence, including ideas such as appreciation vs. recognition, effort vs. achievement, and praise vs. rewards. Adrian shows how great managers lead with carrots, not sticks and in doing so achieve higher:
- Customer Satisfaction