A member of the Speaker Hall of Fame, Steve Gilliland is one of the most in-demand and top-rated speakers in the world. Recognized as a master storyteller and brilliant comedian, he can be heard daily on SiriusXM Radio's Laugh USA and Blue Collar Radio. With an appeal that transcends barriers of age, culture and occupation-plus an interactive and entertaining style-Steve shows audiences how to open doors to success in their careers, their relationships and their lives. Presenting to over 250,000 people a year, more than two million have now heard him speak, with audiences encompassing nearly three dozen industries. Steve has the distinction of speaking in all 50 states and in 15 countries. As one newspaper stated, "Steve is what happens when the humor of a stand-up comic collides with the inspiration of motivational speaker."
In addition to his brilliant speaking career, Steve is a prolific, accomplished author, evidenced by four of his books - Enjoy The Ride, Making a Difference, Hide Your Goat and Detour - perennially making the publisher's bestseller list and his being named Author of the Year. His thought-provoking writing style makes his articles a favorite with nationally prominent magazines. He influences the lives of millions through his presentations, books, CDs and DVDs. An extensive array of these products has been utilized by small businesses, Fortune 500 companies, U.S. and Canadian government agencies, churches, school districts and nonprofit organizations. Speaking the language of active business leaders, his books and CDs identify practical lessons that grow people and their businesses.
Steve built a multimillion-dollar company from the ground up on the same philosophy he expounds to his audiences. If you continually learn more about your company, your industry, your customer and yourself, you will always be a leader. You will be purpose-driven rather than process-driven, and you will make a difference. His motto is straightforward: "If you take care of people, the business will follow." He has been recognized by Who's Who for Speakers and Business Professionals, and The Pittsburgh Business Times named his company one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the region.
Steve was born and raised in the Pittsburgh area, resides in North Carolina and travels the world. He received his bachelor's degree from Grove City College (PA) and his MBA from Globe University (MN). He is a proud grandpa, devoted father of four boys and a loving husband to his wife, Diane. Steve learned great compassion for people and a commitment to a hard work and balanced life ethic at the knee of his highly principled Christian mother and stepfather. Whether Steve is speaking at an event, writing about current issues that impact people or leading his own employees, he is not just a person who challenges people to change, he motivates them to do so.
Everyone who hears his message leaves with a renewed sense of enthusiasm for who they are and for what really matters.
- Enjoy The Ride™ A blueprint for getting the most out of life, Enjoy The Ride™ is a hilarious and brilliantly conceived keynote that causes people to examine where they are personally and professionally. It lifts people up and inspires them to evolve and appreciate, rather than simply maintain and exist.
The three key points in this presentation are:
- Check Your Passion: Love what you do; never forget why you do it
- Cure Your Destination Disease: Live more for today, less for tomorrow and never about yesterday
- Refocus Your Attention: Decide what's important and never take it for granted
Takeaway Message - If you want to achieve true success and fulfillment, you must first discover an enthusiasm for your work and personal life. Decide where you are heading, get on the bus, choose the right seat and Enjoy The Ride™!
- Making a Difference™ - Focusing on the conscious choices we make every day that impact the lives of others, Making a Difference™ is an eye-opening and heartfelt keynote detailing how to positively influence people in every imaginable way, regardless of position or status. Each of us has the potential to transform the culture of an organization through our actions and attitude.
This presentation centers on three empowering dynamics:
- Purpose: It drives you!
- Passion: It fuels you!
- Pride: It defines you!
Takeaway Message - While we don't always know what challenges face the people we meet every day, we do have the power to bring them hope. That hope can multiply a thousand times over and spread throughout the world exponentially. This is the essential, motivating truth behind Making a Difference™!
- Detour (Change) - Whether you're experiencing mild transitions now or will undergo massive reorganizations in the future, change is inevitable within every successful organization. DETOUR provides solutions to reduce stress, eliminate fear and increase performance during such times. Steve Gilliland reveals how to navigate life's turns when you're suddenly headed on a course you never planned and into a future you never imagined.
- How to feel more in control when the change is out of your control
- How to prepare for any kind of change, remain productive and use it to your advantage
- How to build resiliency and grit as you cope with change
- Follow Me (Leadership) - Leadership is the single most important skill you can use to improve your business. FOLLOW ME explores how to grow yourself and your people through timeless principles that, when applied to your own life and the life of your organization, will influence positive change. Steve Gilliland is uniquely qualified to show you how to develop exceptional leaders and retain great employees.
- How to establish tangible, easily defined and monitored strategies to improve performance
- How to gain consensus and motivate people to work together efficiently and effectively as a team
- How to be confident and make tough decisions, unearth constructive solutions and stay focused while moving forward
- Hide Your Goat (Attitude) - Our fast-paced and stress-filled schedules open the gate to allow people and circumstances every opportunity to "get our goat." HIDE YOUR GOAT puts into perspective how your daily life intersects with people of diverse backgrounds, opinions and personalities. In this eye-opening session, Steve Gilliland shows how to avoid being robbed of the opportunity to perform at peak performance because of negativity.
- How to head off conflict when negativity runs rampant and how to improve your own outlook
- How to deal with by-products of bad attitudes
- How to assign the right value to every situation and not give people permission to ruin your day