Neil Dempster is a student of the behavioral components of success-how to achieve peak performance in a changing world. His keynote speeches have been the highlight of association meetings, conferences, and company functions around the world. He is the author of several comprehensive training programs that have been delivered to tens of thousands of managers, leaders and employees in diverse organizations.
Neil's energetic, humorous and highly motivational delivery style consistently inspires audiences to explore all the possibilities of personal and professional growth. Whether delivering a keynote speech for a conference or meeting, training managers and employees on performance improvement strategies, or consulting with your senior leadership team, he provides an uncanny ability to simplify the complex human behavioral aspects of life and work.
Neil's educational background includes Mechanical Engineering, an MBA and he is currently in the dissertation phase for a PhD in Organizational Psychology. This unique educational blending has earned him the distinction of bringing "logic to soft skills."
But before you think you're in for some dull lecture series-think again! Here's a sampling of Neil's candid (and frequently controversial) views on:
- LEADERSHIP : "Look behind you; if no one's following ... you're not leading!"
- MANAGEMENT : "How do I measure a manager's performance? I don't. I just measure the
performance of the manager's direct reports-that tells me everything I need to know!"
- PERFORMANCE : "What is your true performance standard? The lowest level you are willing to accept! If you don't like what you are getting, it's your own fault!" (Sorry, but it's the truth!)
- TEAMWORK : "If you think there's no 'I' in team, look around. Teams are made up of what? I's! (Individuals). It's time we acknowledge that it's individual commitment to the team effort that make teams work!"
- EMPLOYEE MINDSET : "Today, it's not about being employed; it's about being employable!
Those who understand the difference control-in large part-their future!"
Neil speaks from a lifetime of experiences in the trenches and from within the corporate boardroom. He was the #2 ranked sales producer in the world for a Fortune 100 office products company and later became a successful senior manager/leader in the same organization. He left to become CEO of a unique start-up opportunity in the telecommunications industry; during his tenure the organization became a market leader in a half-dozen product categories winning virtually every industry award possible.
Today, as one of the founding partners of Clearview Performance Systems, he is able to use his
expertise in achieving extraordinary employee performance to benefit diverse organizations all over the world. He brings high-impact methods, practical recommendations and personal commitment to every human performance challenge.
- 'Just Enough' ... Just Ain't Good Enough!™ - Our budgets reflect it; the customers we serve (both internally and externally) expect it; and the continual improvement process demands it-do
more with less! But how is this possible within a work environment that is continually changing,
where resources are limited, and where we never seem to have enough time? Neil Dempster's
keynote will address this issue head-on! If you are tired of theory-only sessions, this high-energy, fun and content-rich presentation is guaranteed to provide you with practical, common sense knowledge on achieving greater results. He will have you laughing one minute and re-thinking your entire management approach the next! This presentation is for managers, performance coaches or anyone who influences employee performance. The content is based on a success formula that has generated phenomenal results in very diverse organizations.
- When a Ship Misses the Harbor, It's Rarely the Harbor's Fault!® - There is a renewed sense of accountability surrounding the behaviors of leaders within organizations. And nowhere is this more obvious than within industries where employee engagement is increasingly critical-sound familiar? Although we would all like to be seen as effective leaders, real leadership is different than authority. Authority, rank and title may be given to us, but that may not reflect an actual ability to lead others. During this keynote, Neil Dempster will discuss the leadership model that engages employees, creates a culture of performance, produces greater results and overcomes the challenges inherent in constant change. If you want your leadership to always reach the harbor, this session is guaranteed to provide sustainable solutions that will align behaviors with your strategic imperatives!
- Grow with the Flow-Becoming a 'Quick-Change' Artist!™ - This keynote presentation focuses on the individual contributor, so the target audience would be anyone in a work environment who is being asked to do more with less, adapt to constant change, increase production without compromising quality, work better together on a team, be a continuous learner-all while maintaining a positive attitude! Now, that would describe just about everyone in today's workplace, wouldn't it? Neil Dempster's presentation will inspire and motivate but, most
importantly, it will create a new level of accountability within each attendee. Remember, no
significant change is possible without first addressing how each of us reacts, responds and
proactively creates the work environment around us.
- Teimwork® ... Spelled Wrong to Make Teams Right - Contrary to popular opinion, there is an 'I' in teamwork! (Yes, all those posters that claim otherwise are just plain wrong!) We all know that high-performance teamwork results in improved products and services for customers and other stakeholders; we also know that teams are the proven way to accomplish an organization's strategic performance objectives. So why do so many teams flounder and fail to deliver consistent results? In this keynote, Neil Dempster provides a team framework that puts the 'I' back into teams (where it belongs!) and generates the individual commitment that make teams work! Teimwork® ... a better way for employees to work together!