Her experience taught her how to market and sell products, services and herself. Now, Christine Clifford shares that message with others. Christine definitely cracked "the glass ceiling." By 40, she was Senior Executive Vice President for The SPAR Group, an international merchandising and information services firm in New York.
As the top salesperson in the multi-billion dollar retail services industry for over eight years, Christine's accounts included Kmart, Toys 'R' Us, Wal-Mart, AT&T, Mattel Toys, and Revlon. Taking her company from a million dollar per year loss to over $54 million in sales, Christine signed the largest contract in the history of her industry with Procter & Gamble, doubling the size of her company overnight.
Diagnosed with breast cancer in December of '94, Christine went on to write eight award-winning, humorous portrayals of her story and her experiences. Christine's newest book, Let's Close a Deal! Turn Contacts into Paying Customers for Your Company, Product, Service or Cause was released in April, 2013 by Wiley & Sons. YOU, Inc. The Art of Selling Yourself, released March, 2007 by Warner Books, was named a "Notable Book of 2007" by the American Booksellers Association. She is also a featured author in Masters of Sales (August, 2007). Other books by Christine include Not Now...I'm Having A No Hair Day!, Our Family Has Cancer, Too!, Inspiring Breakthrough Secrets to Live Your Dreams, Cancer Has Its Privileges: Stories of Hope & Laughter and Your Guardian Angel's Gift. Christine's books released in 2011 are entitled Laugh ' Til It Heals: Notes from the World's Funniest Cancer Mailbox and The Clue Phone's Ringing...It's for You! Healing Humor for Women Divorcing.
In 1994, Christine faced a life-changing experience and began her own company, The Cancer Club®, now the world's largest producer of humorous and helpful products for people with cancer. In 2010, after going through two divorces, she started Divorcing Divas which hosts all-day educational conferences for people facing divorce.
Christine's philosophies and strategies for becoming your industry's leader are proven theories that have propelled her and the companies she's worked with to the top of their fields. Ideas, action, results...
Christine is a contributing author to Chicken Soup for the Survivor's Soul, Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul, Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul, and is featured in the books The Courage to Laugh; The Triumph of the Human Spirit: Real Cancer Survivors, Real Battles, Real Victories; and Gifts from the Train Station: Healing Yourself by Helping Others.
Featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes & Gardens, MORE, American Health, Golf Digest, as well as The Singapore Women's Weekly and the Hindu in India, CNN Live called Christine "one of the world's leading authorities on the use of therapeutic humor". She also appeared on Lifetime Television Network's "New Attitudes" show, and the "Leeza Show."
Host of The Christine Clifford Celebrity Golf Tournament, a benefit for breast cancer research, Christine's inaugural event raised over $100,000, making it the most successful first-year event in the history of the American Cancer Society. Her total contribution has been over $1,000,000 and she has received the Council of Excellence Award for income development from the American Cancer Society.
In July, 2002, Christine was awarded The Order of the Delta Gamma Rose from the Sorority to confer special honor upon alumnae members who have made distinguished contributions to the nation or to the world through their individual efforts and talents and whose achievements have been given national recognition. It is the highest honor one can receive from the Sorority.
July, 2002 Christine was awarded her "CSP" (Certified Speaking Professional) designation from the National Speakers Association. The letters "CSP" following a speaker's name indicate a speaking professional with proven experience who brings a proven track record of experience and expertise. Less than 7% of the 5,000 speakers who belong to the International Federation for Professional Speakers hold this professional designation.
Christine is on the Board of the National Speakers Association- Minnesota Chapter, a member of the National Speakers Association, and the American Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor. She is listed in International Who's Who of Professionals, International Who's Who of Entrepreneurs, and International Who's Who of Authors and Writers. She is also listed in Contemporary Authors and 2,000 Notable American Women. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Minnesota Collegiate DECA. Christine helped to launch an anti-aging multi-level marketing company in 2009 called LifeVantage.
- Let's Close a Deal! Turn Contacts into Paying Customers for Your Company, Product, Service or Cause - Our entire lives revolve around selling, regardless of our job descriptions. The question is not: "Am I a salesperson?" The question is: "How can I be more
effective?" Christine articulates the intuitive process that identifies how and why a deal will appeal, and demonstrates in step-by-step detail how to present information so persuasively that it increases the likelihood of getting a "yes." Christine explores everything from understanding where your client is coming from to packaging, customizing, marketing, connecting, partnering, pitching, and perk-o-lating your deals. Create Niche Notoriety™ and establish Loyals for Life™. Learn to close deals with major organizations or individuals who can propel your business to the next level.
- You, Inc.: The Art of Selling Yourself -
Christine was the top salesperson in the multi-billion dollar retail services industry for eight years, and in 1994 signed the largest contract in the history of her industry with Proctor & Gamble, doubling the size of her company overnight. Yet Christine believes that it's not the product, service or cause that people buy from you or your company: It's YOU. Anyone who sells for a living knows instinctively that you're not just selling a product or service-- what you're really selling is you. How do you give a perceived distinction from, and advantage over, your competition? How do you make prospects more inclined to take your calls? By learning to sell yourself. And selling yourself is an art. Come learn from a Master.
- Selling Intangibles: Four Keys to Successful Service -
Whether you are selling an actual product or a true service, it all comes down to you and the service you provide your clients. We experience a product or service based on how we feel about the person providing that service. What are the four keys to marketing and selling services? Price and what is yours saying about the quality of service? Brand, and what are you doing to promote yours? Packaging and can you afford not to take a complete visual inventory of yourself, your company, and your marketing materials? And relationships: how do you create extraordinary client relationships? Christine Clifford explores these with colorful, humorous real-life examples and years of expertise.
- Become Your Industry Leader: The True Positioning of the Totem Pole - Ever heard the expression, "He started at the bottom of the totem pole?" According to Indian lore, the character at the bottom represents the strength and leadership of the pole. Christine believes that you can rise to the top of your industry, regardless of where you start, in two years or less following her ten steps to success. Whether you are in management, sales, marketing, or are self-employed, her secrets will inspire and motivate you to get going today!
- Networking in a Nutshell: Create Connections To Drive Your Business -
Get squared away on the professional connections that can propel your business toward guaranteed success. Christine's methods of getting to the decision makers will leave your audience buzzing with excitement and waiting to get back into action. You never know who you might meet.
- Loyals for Life™: Create Extraordinary Client Relationships - How does Christine Clifford create loyal customers who come back year after year? By asking, "What would they love?" Learn to thank your clients in spectacular ways that are memorable and life-lasting. Generate referrals and word-of-mouth business by partnering with your clients and prospects. Christine shares the keys to long-term, profitable partnerships.
- Inspiring Breakthrough Secrets to Live Your Dreams - One of North America's most inspiring authorities in personal and professional transformation reveals her secrets, insights, and strategies that will empower your organization to break through its limitations and live your dreams.
- The Blessings of Misfortune: Learn to Spin Straw Into Gold - Has your company lost an important client? Been downsized? Been touched by chronic illness? Learn the keys to overcoming adversity and turning misfortune into fortune.
Most Requested Health & Humor Programs...
- Laughter: Prescription for a Cure! -
If you are looking for a keynote address that will teach your audience a new way to look at life's adversities, this is it! Christine's immediate family has dealt with heart disease, diabetes, dialysis and kidney transplant, hepatitis, chronic depression and drug abuse. Her success stories are powerful and humorous examples of survival in the face of adversity. Don't forget to laugh!®
- An Afternoon of Hope, Laughter & Positive Thinking -
Using her world-famous cartoons, stories and audience participation, Christine helps people release their tensions and relax into the moment. With a powerful message of hope and inspiration, Christine reminds us that we can't always change what has happened to us, but we can change our attitudes. Christine helps individuals rediscover the healing power of humor.
- Am I Out of Sick Days Yet? - Illness, especially chronic disease, wreaks havoc on employers and the people left back in the office trying to 'fill the gaps'. Christine helps corporations and their employees learn to deal with changes in the office, ways to offer support, and methods to deal with the challenges that occur when a valued employee becomes ill. No down time here!