Colette Carlson, founder of Speak Your Truth, Inc., is a human behavior expert and keynote speaker who inspires individuals to connect and communicate in real and relevant ways. How to create effective connections, and leverage them for greater success, is the thread woven into every one of Colette's presentations.
With a Master's Degree in Human Behavior, a fascination with communication trends, and extensive experience in the personal development industry for over 20 years, Colette knows the difference between trendy topics and timeless truths when it comes to successful business practices.
Colette is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), a designation held by fewer than 10% of the members belonging to the National Speakers Association. In 2017, Colette was inducted into the CPAE Speaker Hall Fame®, a lifetime award that honors professional speakers who have reached the top echelon of platform excellence.
Her articles have been featured in Success, Business Management Daily and Working Mother magazines. Clients include Boeing, Microsoft, Cisco, Pepsi, Procter & Gamble, Shell, Great Clips, Davidson Hotels, the United States Government.
Laugh out loud while you learn how to form and sustain connections that drive productivity, engagement and collaboration.
- The Language of Leadership - Leadership demands competence, but human interaction is critical to the development of the people you lead. Connected leaders ask questions to gain insight and awareness. Connected leaders effectively communicate feedback and engage in challenging conversations without creating conflict or destroying trust. Connected leaders have more influence and greater credibility among peers and employees.
Connection is the glue that keeps relationships, projects, and organizations together. In this presentation, Colette provides the perfect blend of interaction, research, stories, and humor to support leaders in building powerful connections with those they lead. These strategies result in increased trust, stronger influence, and employee motivation and loyalty.
- Sincere Selling: Stop Transacting, Start Connecting - In order to make a sale and earn a customer, you must first make a connection. Wider and deeper relationships lead to increased sales, repeat customers, and powerful referrals. As a former national sales trainer who cut her teeth in straight commission sales, Colette will show you how to up your personal connection quotient to maximize relationships, revenue, and results. In her customized presentations, she speaks to specific behaviors and phraseology that support your goal to engage, persuade, and influence others, while still promoting you and your services honestly, assertively, and authentically.
- Many Communicate, Few Connect - The common denominators of the most successful people are the ability to effectively communicate and connect, regardless of the situation or audience. In a competitive world filled with a global workforce, numerous communication channels, and daily digital distractions, getting your message heard has never been more challenging. Clear, concise communication is no longer enough to get results: connection must be part of the equation. Productivity lessens, collaboration stalls, accountability suffers, and conflict and stress escalate when even the simplest of miscommunication occurs. Without connection, these outcomes are only heightened. In this presentation, Colette delivers how to connect and communicate on a deeper level to form crucial relationships that drive productivity, engagement, and collaboration. She speaks on strategies to influence others and overcome conflict, while maintaining a respectful, human connection.
- Stress Less, Connect More - The truth is whether you are in leadership, sales, or the front line, you are expected to produce more in less time with fewer resources, while staying positive and engaged. The reality is people are stressed out, tightly wound, and exhausted trying to meet and exceed expectations. The best intentions go right out the window before lunch, due to constantly changing schedules, demands, and priorities. In this real-world and laugh-out-loud funny presentation, Colette teaches how to stay resilient through constant change and challenges. She shows each audience how to create the focus, energy, mindset, and connections necessary to make healthy choices in this 24/7/365 world. Participants feel valued and walk away ready to make positive, long-lasting change for both professional and personal success.
- Truths Women Leaders Need to Know - The world seeks more women leaders. Now is the time to take an honest look at connections, communication style, and leadership skills in order to advance your career. In this presentation, Colette delivers the latest research and strategies specific to women in leadership. Participants gain the self-awareness and skills necessary to become authentic, credible, and confident leaders. The audience will learn how to identify and cultivate connections that lead to strategic relationships, develop executive presence and communicate in a manner that gains supporters and censors critics.