In the past decade, Bill Capodagli has become the most sought after keynote
speaker on the cultures of Disney and Pixar.
With over three decades of management consulting and corporate research
expertise, Bill Capodagli co-authored The Disney Way: Harnessing the
Management Secrets of Disney in Your Company. Fortune magazine cited
The Disney Way as a "Best Business Book" and "so useful, you may whistle
while you work." Entrepreneur magazine cited the book as "One of the
FIVE books to Read Before Starting Your Business."
In 2016, McGraw-Hill released the 3rd edition of The Disney Way that
includes exciting customer-focused organizations such as Rainbow Babies - Children's Hospital, TYRA Beauty, Science Center of Iowa, and Acts Retirement-Life Communities.
In 2010, Bill coauthored the definitive account of Pixar's creative culture - Innovate the Pixar Way: Business Lessons from the World's Most Creative Corporate Playground. Bill also coauthored the enormously popular The Disney Way Fieldbook: How to Implement Walt Disney's Vision of "Dream,Believe, Dare, Do" in Your Company.
Prior to co-founding Capodagli Jackson Consulting in 1993, Bill held
managerial positions at the consulting firms of AT Kearney, and Ernst &
Whinney (now Ernst and Young). Bill was a director on the Extended
Services faculty of the University of Southern Indiana from 1991-1993 and
presented The Disney Way principles to a vast client base. Bill holds degrees
in economics and mathematics from Illinois State University.
For nearly forty years, Bill's expertise in leadership, innovation and
customer service has been the catalyst for transforming the cultures of
- If Walt Ran Your Organization! - Based upon the 2016 expanded edition of the best-selling business classic, The Disney Way, Bill Capodagli shows audiences why Disney's values of providing service to customers, training and enabling employees, and managing creativity and innovation are essential in organizations of any size, across diverse industries and markets. Profiling a new set of diverse organizations-TYRA Beauty, Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, Ottawa County, Michigan and Science Center of Iowa and others-Bill explains how charismatic leaders encourage teams to apply Walt Disney's "Dream, Believe, Dare, Do" principles to delight customers, meet challenges and push boundaries. Bill Capodagli has inspired countless individuals and teams for over three decades-championing the customer service, leadership and innovation traditions integral to Disney's worldwide excellence. His practical applications, timeless advice, and step-by-step "Dream, Believe, Dare, Do" actions continue to enlighten audiences, from entry-level recruits to CEOs, and help transformentrepreneurs and Fortune 500 companies alike.
- Leadership The Disney Way - Walt Disney was once asked what the secret to his success was and he replied, "I dream things and ways of doing business that have never been done before; I test those dreams against my personal believes and the values of the organization; I dare to take the risks to make my dreams a reality; and I put plans together so those dreams do become a reality." Dream, Believe, Dare, Do are the principles that have guided the Disney organization for over 80 years. Walt Disney's leadership not only created an organization that has stood the test of time, but it created an international icon. Can we even imagine a world without Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse or Goofy? Walt left us over 40 years ago, but his leadership lessons are as relevant now as they were back then. Bill Capodagli will not only explain the critical elements in Walt's definition of leadership, but also provide extraordinary leadership examples from the featured companies in The Disney Way. Bill will also recommend an action plan to improve anyone's leadership skills. Walt Disney's Definition of Leadership: the ability to establish and manage a creative climate where people and teams are self-motivated to the successful achievement of long-term goals in an environment of mutual respect and trust.
- Customer Service The Disney Way - Walt Disney created an organization that has become the quintessential model for customer service, perhaps in the entire world. In this presentation, Bill Capodagli leads his audience to apply Walt's Dream, Believe, Dare, Do principles to achieve a Disney Way service culture. Bill challenges his audience to view their organizations as "show business." He clarifies the importance of continuously putting on a good "show" for guests. Bill encourages audiences to begin a journey of becoming "customer-centric producers" of their own "shows." Walt Disney once said. "You don't build the product for yourself. You need to know what people want and build it for them." Bill provides a solid roadmap required to become a customer-centric organization.
- Creativity and Storyboarding - The Disney Way -
Walt Disney was indeed a creative genius, even though he often said, "we don't allow geniuses around here." His true genius was his ability to focus on being the best by creating something new or reinventing the old. Great leaders don't just meet customer needs; they create unique experiences. They don't simply provide a product or service that meets specifications; they solve customer problems; they fulfill customer dreams; and they create "magical moments." In this presentation, Bill Capodagli introduces Storyboarding, a tool that Walt Disney created in the 1930s and continued to use in all of his creative projects for the remainder of his life. Storyboarding is an ideal tool for generating solutions to problems and enhancing communications. Bill teaches audiences how storyboards can be adapted to a variety of problem-solving situations in which the introduction of the visual element makes interconnections of ideas, creative thoughts and activities readily apparent. Bill will present how Disney creates an environment that is conducive to creativity and innovation. Bill also explains how to apply the "nine-step" process to move a "blue sky" dream to a unique guest experience.
- Reinventing the Learning Experience in America - The Disney Way -
Walt Disney once said, "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest natural resource - the minds of our children." According to an ACT college entrance exam study, three-fourths of students who recently took the exam lacked the skills to succeed in entry-level, credit-bearing college courses in reading, math, social studies and science, even though they had taken a high school curriculum designed to prepare them for higher education. School systems need to reinvent the educational process just like Walt reinvented the amusement parks and created Disneyland. In this presentation, Bill Capodagli provides the framework for transforming the learning experience using Walt Disney's credo for success...Dream, Believe, Dare, Do.
- If Walt Ran Your Hospital - The Disney Way - Success in today's health care industry comes from inspired leadership and focusing on the holistic patient experience. There are great lessons to be learned from Walt Disney who believed in creating a "magical" experience for guests...the same paradigm that is alive and well in the best of the best health care environments today. Walt Disney was once asked what made him so successful. He said that he would often Dream of new techniques that had not been attempted in the past; Believe in the power of his own values; Dare to take risks; and then just Do something to accomplish the dream. In this presentation, Bill Capodagli translates the Dream, Believe, Dare, Do model for the health care setting. He provides a variety of examples, most notably Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut, owner of the famed Planetree approach to hospital management. Bill also recounts the inside story of how the Disney leadership and service standards were achieved - not by sudden flashes of creative insight, but by a much considered and carefully wrought system for constantly raising the bar of excellence. Bill provides solid techniques for adapting The Disney Way model to the health care environment.
- Dreams and Dreamers: How to Innovate Like Walt Disney and the Pixarian - Pixar is the benchmark of innovative success. With numerous Academy Awards under their belts, they keep breaking the mold on creativity and taking it to the next level. From Toy Story to Up, Pixar never settles for what they've done but continues to look forward to the future.
Bill takes you on a tour of the most innovative, creative organization in the world. You'll learn how to look at the world through a child's eyes (and why it's important). You'll learn how to believe in your team ... how to jump in and try something different ... how to create your own corporate playground ... and more.