Dr. James Canton is a renowned global futurist, social scientist, author, and visionary
business advisor. As a former Apple Computer executive and high tech entrepreneur, he
has been insightfully forecasting the key trends and technologies that have shaped our
world. The Economist recognizes him as one of the leading global futurists. He has advised
three White House Administrations and over 100 companies.
Dr. Canton is CEO and Chairman of the Institute for Global Futures, a leading think tank he
founded in 1990 that advises business and government . A frequent guest of the media, he
was named "the Digital Guru" by CNN and "Dr. Future" by Yahoo for his insights. Dr.
Canton is the author of The Extreme Future: The Top Trends That Will Reshape the World
in the 21st Century and Technofutures: How Leading-Edge Innovations Will
Transform Business in the 21st Century.
Dr. Canton advises the Global Fortune 1000 on trends in innovation, financial services,
health care, population, life sciences, energy, security, workforce, climate change and
globalization. From a broad range of industries, clients include: IBM, Tata, Intel, Philips,
General Electric, Hewlett Packard, Boeing, FedEx and Proctor & Gamble.
Recognized as "one of the top presenters in the 21st century" by Successful Meetings
Magazine, Dr. Canton is a highly sought-after keynote presenter. He has spoken to
thousands of organizations on five continents. He is noted for his fascinating, informative,
dynamic and entertaining keynotes.
A frequent guest of the media, Dr. Canton has been a commentator on CNN, CNBC, Fox,
PBS and ABC. Media coverage has included CNBC, Fox, PBS, ABC, Fortune, The Wall Street
Journal, The Economist, Bloomberg Report, The New York Times, US News and World
Report, CEO, CIO and CFO Magazines. His FutureGuru blog and Twitter followers reach a
Dr. Canton has held a academic appointments at Singularity University at NASA, the
Kellogg School of Management, MIT's Media Lab, Europe, the Potomac Institute and
served on the International Advisory Council, Economic Development Board for the State
Singapore, been an advisor to the National Science and Technology Council, US
Departments of State, Defense and Health and Human Services.
- The Extreme Future: The Top Trends That Will Shape the 21st Century - Based on Dr. Canton's acclaimed new book, The Extreme Future, this informative keynote provides a strategic overview of the top trends that will shape the future of business and society. Constantly updated with fresh research and forecasts, this keynote is a strategic briefing on what disruptions and opportunities are coming fast that will impact your world. Future trends covered include: Climate, energy, technology, the workforce, security, the economy, health care, demographics, entertainment, and lifestyles. Find out what's next and how to prepare today via this overview of the most recent forecasts that will shape the future marketplace, society and your life.
- Technofutures: The Top Innovation Trends That Will Shape The 21st Century - The global innovation economy is the central driver of business change in this century. This keynote is a sweeping overview of the top innovations and technologies that will transform the future-many that are emerging now. Based on his CNN special and book, Dr. Canton identifies the top innovations--from the Internet 3.0 to next generation genomics, virtual reality media, anywhere wireless, longevity medicine, quantum computing and nanotech to robotics that will drive future change in business and society. This keynote is an entertaining overview about the future of innovation what is coming fast-and how you can prepare for the extreme change.
- Navigating the Extreme Economy - The current economic crisis offers companies and leaders a unique opportunity to rethink their business. It is no longer "Business as Usual". Complex new challenges brought by the customer, technology, competitors and the marketplace will make being successful in business tougher than ever. Welcome to the Extreme Economy. In this keynote, best-selling author, futurist and business visionary, Dr. James Canton identifies the key trends, risks and strategies that will enable you to effectively deal with the Extreme Economy.
- Future Smart: Managing Extreme Change - Managing change has become recognized as one of the key drivers of competitive advantage, growth and success for any business. Many of the challenges facing business can be overcome by better managing change. Being a faster, smarter change manager will be a vital competency for the 21st Century Leader. How leaders understand change and use change differently than the competition may become a secret weapon for building future growth and sustainability into their business. This keynote will teach leaders how to manage change for innovation to get the authentic benefits.
- The Innovator's Mindset - Innovation is central competitive force of the 21st century organization. This keynote is a strategic overview of what leading innovators think and do to succeed. Business cases where innovative leaders and companies are using strategies to grow market share, establish competitive advantage, better deliver customer experiences and enhance quality will be demonstrated.
- Eco-Business: Towards a Sustainable Future - Sustainability is a powerful new trend affecting markets, business and consumers. Changes in climate, oil, energy, security, pollution and eco-hazards create new risks and opportunities for business. This keynote shows how to develop an Eco-Business strategy that is clean and green.
- Web 2.0: The Future of the Internet - Radical evolution of the Internet will continue to transform business, communications and society in fundamental ways. This keynote forecasts the key trends that will shape the Inernet--starting with Web 2.0 and going deep into the future--telepresence, social advertising, virtual reality, social networking, pervasive mobility, sensing and the impact on consumers.
- The Extreme Future Of Health Care - A series of radical trends and disruptions are reshaping health care. This profound transformation will change business models, standards of care, the management of disease and redefine the health care model. What will happen next will affect the future of business, science, the workforce and society. The transition from health care as disease care to prevention will transform human beings. Few organizations are prepared for the trends that are coming and what will be required to effectively navigate this future.
- The Future of Financial Services In A High-Tech World - New innovations from wireless, to Internet 2 and virtualization, are reshaping the competitive landscape of financial services. From digital TV to wireless connectivity in cars and public kiosks, new tech innovations will drive competition. Shifting customer segments and globalization are creating change. This keynote identifies the top tech trends that will reshape financial service companies impacting on customers, industries and markets.
- Help Wanted: The Future of the Workforce - This keynote identifies the top trends that will shape the future of the workforce. Access to smart and skilled talent will define the winners and the losers in the 21st century economy. This presentation reviews the emerging workforce trends and challenges that will impact organizations worldwide. These forecasts will bring to light the future risks and shifting demographics, skills, tech, needs and values of the future workforce.
- The 21st Century Leader - Leadership is being redefined in the global economy where challenges from technology, the workforce, customers, and the competition are changing the very nature of organizations. Learn how to develop the Future-Ready Leadership Strategy, to anticipate the business-critical trends that will shape tomorrow. Find out how leaders can better prepare for the future.
- Consumer Trends 2015 - Get in synch with the mind of the consumer. Where are future consumers headed and why? This keynote reviews the top consumer trends that will shape the marketplace of today and the future. Emerging trends such as the Blended Reality, Social Networking, Click-Stream, Green & Clean, and Health Enhancement will redefine markets and products. Find out what the key consumer trends are that will determine competitive advantage in the near future and how they will affect you.
- The Future of Globalization - What are the ways to leverage globalization for competitive advantage? What is happening offshore in regarding innovation, population, economics that you need to know about NOW? This keynote forecasts the opportunities, trends and challenges of globalization. Find out what's next for the future of globalization including: the war for talent, real-time trade, supply chains, technology, security, emerging markets, new consumers and the Innovation Economy. Explore new forecasts from China, India, Latin America, the US and Europe. Discover how your organization can better navigate the future.
- The Future of mBusiness and the Wireless Information Society - This keynote reviews the top trends, innovations, opportunities and risks that will shape the future of mobile business and its impact on society. From the customer-centric world to pervasive mobility-a new wireless future is emerging.
- The Click-Stream Consumer - There is a powerful and dynamic new consumer who is fast emerging in the global marketplace. A new report by the Institute for Global Futures focuses on the power of the Click-Stream Consumer. Who is this consumer? How do you sell to them? How can you reach them? What do they need? The Click-Stream Consumer will redefine markets, industries and competition in the near future. Companies will have to retool their enterprise to attract them. Find out how.
- The Future of MegaCities - A transformation in cities is going on. Over 80% of the 6 billion people on the planet today are living in cities. By 2040, there will be over 8 billion. Over 100 new cities will be created within 25 years in China alone. Over 20 new MegaCities will redefine the consumer marketplace and society. Most of these cities of over 8 million people each will be in the developing world. With the huge migration to cities of the global population, what challenges will these cities face? What are the opportunities and risks? How should global organizations prepare for the future of cities?
- The Real-Time Enterprise: Creating Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy - New and complex changes are emerging that will force enterprises to operate in entirely new ways. The interconnected linkage of supply chains, markets and businesses represents a new challenge for all companies. The key strategy for creating competitive advantage lies in understanding the trends that will shape the networked marketplace. RealTime is the pass code for the 21st century enterprise.
- The Future of Security in a High-Tech World - This presentation examines the future of security in a high tech world. Dr. Canton will identify the top trends, developments and emerging technologies that may determine your economic survival in the future. Technology is a key weapon used by terrorists for attack as well as a powerful deterrent for prevention and protection. This presentation demystifies the technologies, describes in a non-technical way the future issues and maps the landscape of challenges that will face every organization as it learns to navigate the future.