Audiences love Karyn Buxman's message of laughter and leadership. In one month she spoke for the Million Dollar Round Table, the US Air Force, the Mayo Clinic, Pfizer, and the Association for Peri-Operative Room Nurses.
Entertaining, educational and inspiring, Karyn has addressed thousands of audiences around the world, to groups from 10 to 10,000. Corporate, education, government, healthcare and professional associations value the transformational power of Karyn's inspirational, entertaining, and practical message. Change is possible - and it can be fun!
Karyn is in the National Speakers Association's Speaker Hall of Fame. She is a proud recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor. She serves on the advisory boards of the Invisible Disabilities Association and the American Happiness Association. She's the co-founder of World Laughter Tour. That's why Karyn Buxman is the best person to teach your team how they can lead with laughter!
Karyn is committed to teaching as many people as possible to transform their lives with laughter. That's why in addition to speaking to thousands of people every year, she's:
- Authored Amazed & Amused: How to Survive & Thrive as a Healthcare Professional
- Contributing Author to several Chicken Soup books
- Co-authored The Service Prescription: Healthcare the Way It Was Meant to Be
- Created, wrote and published the multiple book series: What's So Funny About...?
You'll also find Karyn in Women's Day, Shape, Marie Claire, Investor's Business Daily and US News & World Report as well as professional journals including AJN, AORN, AACN, and Journal of Psychosocial Nursing. Still want more? Karyn is a frequent radio and television guest.
- Funny Means Money: Humor as a Competitive Business Edge - Forbes Magazine says, "Using humor increases attentiveness and persuasiveness." Applied humor is a skill and strategy that can benefit all leaders and salespeople-and benefits your bottom line, too. Neurological and psychological research indicates that when people share humor, they communicate more effectively, they are more open to considering each other's points-of-view, and they form bonds more quickly-all of which are important outcomes for leaders, salespeople and managers. Karyn Buxman is a neurohumorist and a specialist in helping leaders and employees master "applied humor"-the underutilized tool for fostering better business relationships. Karyn is one of a handful of experts worldwide who has the rare ability to translate cutting-edge research into engaging presentations.
- Lead with Levity: Humor as a Strategic Leadership Tool - Wharton (Business) Magazine says, "Humorous thinking has parallels to the way we should be thinking in business. It has a lot to do with creativity and leadership." Masterful leaders engage "the whole person" - and they have a wide range of skills for doing that. Have you considered humor as a leadership skill? Forbes Magazine adds, "For a leader, humor helps you...by increasing attentiveness and persuasiveness." Properly used, humor is a dynamic strategy that strengthens resilience, enhances communication, and increases engagement. Karyn uses (hysterical) personal anecdotes, (solid) medical research, and (practical) tips to help your audience enhance their humor skills in the service of better leadership. As a neurohumorist, she has been presenting and consulting on applied humor for 20 years.
- Humor Is Power: Leveraging Levity for Fun and Profit -
Everybody knows that "Knowledge is power"-but few know that "Humor is power," too. Forbes magazine says, "Old-school HR people are quick to say that humor is dangerous in the office. But research indicates that those looking for an edge may want to think more critically about their funny bones." This does not mean that you should aim to be the Robin Williams of leadership or sales! But it does mean that humor-applied strategically-is a powerful business skill and strategy. Karyn Buxman is a neurohumorist and a specialist in helping leaders and employees master "applied humor"-the underutilized tool for fostering better business relationships. Karyn is a Speaker Hall of Fame member, and one of a handful of experts worldwide who has the rare ability to translate cutting-edge research into engaging presentations.