Daniel Burrus is considered one of the world's leading technology forecasters
and business strategists, and is the founder and CEO of Burrus Research, a research
and consulting firm that monitors global advancements in technology driven trends
to help clients better understand how technological, social and business forces are
converging to create enormous, untapped opportunities. He is the author of six
books, including The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal best seller
Flash Foresight: How To See the Invisible and Do the Impossible as well as
the highly acclaimed Technotrends.
In 1983, Burrus became the first and only futurist to accurately identify the twenty
technologies that would become the driving force of business and economic change
for decades to come. Since then, he has continued to establish a worldwide reputation
for his exceptional record of predicting the future of technological change and its
direct impact on the business world. He has helped hundreds of clients identify new
opportunities and develop successful competitive strategies based on the creative
application of leading-edge technologies, and has delivered over 2,500 keynote
speeches to corporations, associations, and professional organizations worldwide. He
is also a featured blogger on the topics of innovation, change and the future for CNBC,
Huffington Post and Wired Magazine to name a few.
In his keynote presentations, Mr. Burrus is a master at tailoring his message to each
individual audience as he addresses relevant trends and offers powerful, practical
guidance for turning rapid technology-driven change into a competitive advantage. His
captivating style blends timely and provocative insights and actionable knowledge with
just the right amount of humor and motivation.
He has founded and managed six businesses, three of which were national leaders in
their first year. As a highly successful entrepreneur, he knows how to translate research
findings into practical business advantages.
Burrus' client list encompasses a wide range of industries, and includes many Fortune
500 companies such as GE, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, DuPont, Google, Toshiba, Procter
& Gamble, American Express, Northwestern Mutual, ExxonMobil and Sara Lee. He has
been the featured subject of several PBS Specials, has appeared on programs such as
CNN, CNBC and Bloomberg, and is quoted in a variety of publications, including The
Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Fortune and Industry Week.
- Flash Foresight: Seven Radical Principles That Will Transform Your Business - Based on his current New York Times and Wall Street Journal best selling book Flash Foresight: How to See the Invisible and Do the Impossible, Daniel Burrus takes the concept of looking into the future and transforms it into a new paradigm for running highly successful businesses that use new tools of innovation for accelerating growth both now and in the future. Using seven proven innovation triggers for making invisible opportunities visible, attendees will experience what Burrus calls Flash Foresights--bursts of accurate insights about the future that reveal new and radically different ways of solving problems, crafting must-have products, creating high-demand services or building new lines of business.
- Accelerating Growth - Accelerating growth requires a new way of thinking about overcoming obstacles and acting on new opportunities. All too often, change comes from the outside in, forcing us to react by slipping into a crisis management mode and putting out fires. This presentation is about opportunity management, identifying the driving forces of predictable change, driving growth strategies from the inside out and taking control of our future. Daniel Burrus is a highly successful entrepreneur who has founded and managed six businesses, three of which were national leaders in the first year. For over a quarter century, he has established a worldwide reputation for his exceptional record of accurately predicting how technological, social, and business forces are converging to create enormous, untapped opportunities. In this eye-opening and motivating presentation, Daniel takes you to the next level by sharing valuable insights into the opportunities yet to come, preparing you to capitalize on the next wave of technological change.
- Leading With Strategic Foresight and Certainty - In times of unprecedented change and uncertainty, we need to ask ourselves what are we certain about? Strategies based on uncertainty and hope equal high levels of risk. Strategies based on certainty dramatically reduce risk and produce superior results. Hindsight always brings lament. You can never go back and change your past decisions and actions. Strategic foresight takes your vision to a new actionable level by adding the events that will happen in the future.
Based on Daniel's revolutionary method of identifying Hard Trends from Soft Trends, and Permanent Changes from Cyclical Changes, attendees learn how to both anticipate and capitalize on new opportunities, as well as predict problems, long before they happen. In addition, they will learn how to use the new tools and rules of leadership to accelerate growth.
- Business Process Transformation - Daniel Burrus takes the concept of looking into the future and transforms it into a new paradigm for running highly successful businesses that use new tools of innovation for driving business process transformation designed to dramatically increase agility, speed and cost savings for accelerating growth both now and in the future. In this thought-provoking and highly motivating presentation, Daniel Burrus teaches how to Anticipate the evolution of virtualization, cloud services and a host of other game-changing technologies using the new science of certainty, Accelerate growth by gaining new levels of agility and speed, and Transform the underlying business processes of how we sell, market, communicate, collaborate, innovate, train and educate...because if you don't someone else will.
- Technology-Enabled Innovation: Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantage - Technology is continually changing the rules of competition, rendering many traditional business strategies and processes obsolete. Emerging technologies provide opportunities for creating new, high margin products and services, as well as enable companies to gain new levels of speed, agility and cost savings. In addition, they allow us to de-commoditize current products and services. Identifying and understanding the challenges and opportunities that new technologies create has become a key business imperative. In this eye-opening presentation, Daniel Burrus identifies specific technologies that will directly impact you and your industry. He will share how dematerialization, virtualization, advanced mobility, product intelligence, advanced networking, interactivity, globalization and convergence can be used to drive innovation and advantage as you develop new products, services and customer experiences.
- Accelerating Transformation in Healthcare: Understanding New Opportunities Resulting from Technology-Driven Change - We are standing at the base of a mountain of technology-driven change. Wireless telemedicine, point of care transactions, e-enabled disease management, home diagnostics, the virtual hospital, e-enabled customer choice, e-enabled assisted living, e-communities of practice, just-in-time training, and procurement service providers are just a few of the many areas that can be used to accelerate transformation in healthcare. Understanding the new opportunities that will result is essential in determining a clear course of action. In this eye-opening presentation, the author of seven books, including Medical Advances and the international best seller Technotrends®, takes us to the next level by sharing valuable insights into the opportunities yet to come, preparing you to capitalize on the next wave of technological change.