Daniel Burrus is considered one of the world's leading technology forecasters
and business strategists, and is the founder and CEO of Burrus Research, a research
and consulting firm that monitors global advancements in technology driven trends
to help clients better understand how technological, social and business forces are
converging to create enormous, untapped opportunities. He is the author of six
books, including The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal best seller
Flash Foresight: How To See the Invisible and Do the Impossible as well as
the highly acclaimed Technotrends.
In 1983, Burrus became the first and only futurist to accurately identify the twenty
technologies that would become the driving force of business and economic change
for decades to come. Since then, he has continued to establish a worldwide reputation
for his exceptional record of predicting the future of technological change and its
direct impact on the business world. He has helped hundreds of clients identify new
opportunities and develop successful competitive strategies based on the creative
application of leading-edge technologies, and has delivered over 2,500 keynote
speeches to corporations, associations, and professional organizations worldwide. He
is also a featured blogger on the topics of innovation, change and the future for CNBC,
Huffington Post and Wired Magazine to name a few.
In his keynote presentations, Mr. Burrus is a master at tailoring his message to each
individual audience as he addresses relevant trends and offers powerful, practical
guidance for turning rapid technology-driven change into a competitive advantage. His
captivating style blends timely and provocative insights and actionable knowledge with
just the right amount of humor and motivation.
He has founded and managed six businesses, three of which were national leaders in
their first year. As a highly successful entrepreneur, he knows how to translate research
findings into practical business advantages.
Burrus' client list encompasses a wide range of industries, and includes many Fortune
500 companies such as GE, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, DuPont, Google, Toshiba, Procter
& Gamble, American Express, Northwestern Mutual, ExxonMobil and Sara Lee. He has
been the featured subject of several PBS Specials, has appeared on programs such as
CNN, CNBC and Bloomberg, and is quoted in a variety of publications, including The
Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Fortune and Industry Week.
- The Anticipatory Organization: A Proven Model To Predict Change & Create Extraordinary Results - Based on decades of research and experience applying his Hard Trend methodology to leading companies worldwide, Daniel has identified the missing competency: Anticipation. With his Anticipatory Organization Model, Burrus enables business leaders to separate Hard Trends from Soft Trends. When you learn to analyze and perceive trends this way, it is possible to tap into what Burrus calls Everyday Innovation, solving challenges faster, and recognizing
previously invisible opportunities. Mastering these capabilities will position your organization to be the disruptor instead of being the disrupted - thus creating competitive advantage, and reducing risk.
This eye-opening and motivating presentation will teach attendees the key components of the new core competency-anticipation-and show them how to apply it to their work and life, which will accelerate both their organization's growth and their personal success. Other notable deliverables include:
- Identify the Hard Trends that will happen, predict disruptions before they disrupt, and capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Separate Hard Trends-trends that will happen-from Soft Trends-trends that might happen
- Learn the benefits of Everyday Innovation, solving challenges faster, and recognizing previously invisible opportunities.
- Accelerate your organization's growth and your employee's personal success.
- Accelerating Growth: Leading with Strategic Foresight & Certainty - Accelerating growth requires a new way of thinking about overcoming obstacles and acting on new opportunities. All too often, change comes from the outside in, forcing us to react by slipping into a crisis management mode, and putting out fires. This presentation is about opportunity management, identifying the driving forces of predictable change, driving growth strategies from the inside out, and taking control of our future.
This eye-opening and motivating presentation will teach attendees how to be prepared to
capitalize on the next wave of technological change and:
- How to overcome obstacles and act on new opportunities
- Avoid change being driven by a crisis management mode & "putting out fires"
- Develop the ability to identify the driving forces of predictable change
- Drive growth strategies from the inside out
- Business Process Transformation: The Big Ideas That are Changing Everything - Daniel Burrus takes the concept of looking into the future and transforms it into a new paradigm for running an Anticipatory Organization using the new tools of innovation for driving
business process transformation. The Cloud, Virtualization, Mobility, and Machine-to-Machine Communications (M2M) are the great enablers allowing organizations to transform every business process in ways that were impossible just a few years ago to dramatically reduce costs and drive new revenue streams.
In his transformative presentation, Daniel Burrus teaches how to anticipate the revolution
of dematerialization, advanced virtualization, cloud services, mobility, IoT and a host of other
game-changing technologies using his proven Hard Trend Methodology. Additional actionable
- Accelerate growth by gaining new levels of agility and speed
- The power of data-infused internal processes
- Identifying cutting-edge utilities to transform functionality
- Transform the underlying business processes of how you sell, market, communicate, collaborate, innovate, train and educate.
- If you don't do it, someone else will.
- Leading With Strategic Foresight and Certainty - In times of unprecedented change and uncertainty, we need to ask ourselves what are we certain about? Strategies based on uncertainty and hope equal high levels of risk. Strategies based on certainty dramatically reduce risk and produce superior results. Hindsight always brings lament. You can never go back and change your past decisions and actions. Strategic foresight takes your vision to a new actionable level by adding the events that will happen in the future.
Based on Daniel's revolutionary method of identifying Hard Trends from Soft Trends, and Permanent Changes from Cyclical Changes, attendees learn how to both anticipate and capitalize on new opportunities, as well as predict problems, long before they happen. In addition, they will learn how to use the new tools and rules of leadership to accelerate growth. Agility and adaptability are no longer enough! Accurately anticipating customers changing needs and technological change, provides the biggest advantage. In times of unprecedented change and uncertainty, we need to ask ourselves what are we certain about? Strategies based on uncertainty equal high levels of risk. Strategies based on certainty dramatically reduce risk and produce superior results.
Strategic foresight is based on the new Science of Certainty that will take your vision to a new actionable level by identifying the events that will happen in the future. Mastering these capabilities will position your organization to be the disruptor instead of being the disrupted.
- Accurately anticipating customers changing needs, as well as technological changes
- Strategies based on certainty dramatically reduce risk and produce superior results
- Learn how to use the new tools and rules of leadership to accelerate profitable growth
- Accelerating Innovation: Using Hard Trends and Exponential Technology - Technology is continually changing the rules of competition, rendering many traditional business strategies and processes obsolete. Emerging technologies provide opportunities for creating new,
high margin products and services, as well as enable companies to gain new levels of speed, agility and cost savings. In addition, they allow us to de-commoditize current products and services. Identifying and understanding the challenges and opportunities that new technologies create
has become a key business imperative, however, this can prove a daunting task in the modern marketplace.
In this eye-opening presentation, New York Times bestselling author Daniel Burrus identifies specific technologies that will directly impact you and your industry. He will share how dematerialization, virtualization, advanced mobility, product intelligence, advanced networking,
interactivity, globalization and convergence can be used to drive innovation and advantage as you develop new products, services and customer experiences. Additional deliverables include...
- Identifying emerging technologies relevant to your business/industry
- How to leverage these technologies to sustain long-term growth
- How to transform decision-making to incorporate innovation
- Using Hard Trends to Turn Disruption and Change Into Opportunity and Advantage - Technology-driven exponential change has created a unique tipping point, one filled with disruptive problems as well as amazing new opportunities. There are many new tools and strategies that can be used to transform the customer experience, grow brand loyalty in amazing new ways, increase consumer engagement, and accelerate the results.
By learning to separate the Hard Trends that will happen from the Soft Trends that might happen, you can accurately anticipate technology-driven disruptions before they disrupt, problems before they happen so that you can pre-solve them, customers' needs before they express them, and game-changing opportunities before the competition. Mastering these capabilities will position your organization to turn digital disruption and change into an advantage.
- How to overcome organizational obstacles and act on new opportunities
- How to position your organization to turn digital disruption and change into an advantage.
- Identify problems before they happen so that you can pre-solve them, customers' needs before they express them, and game-changing opportunities before the competition.
- Develop the ability to identify the driving forces of predictable change
- Transforming Retail with Strategic Foresight and Certainty - There are new tools and strategies that can transform the customer experience, grow brand loyalty in amazing new ways, increase consumer engagement, and accelerate the results of omnichannel marketing. What do Apple, Warby Parker, Amazon, and a host of other e-commerce brands that are opening retail brick-and-mortar stores know that most retailers don't know? The good old days of retail are ahead of us.
By learning to separate the Hard Trends that will happen from the Soft Trends that might happen, you can accurately anticipate technology-driven disruptions before they disrupt, problems before they happen so that you can pre-solve them, customers' needs before they express them, and game-changing opportunities before the competition. Mastering these capabilities will position you and your organization to turn disruption and change into an advantage.
- How to identify Hard Trends encroaching on retailers
- Finding marketing channels embedded in e-commerce
- Transforming brand communication practices
- How to accurately anticipate customer needs before they express them
- Transforming Healthcare with Technology-Enabled Innovation - We are standing at the base of a mountain of technology-driven change within the sphere of Healthcare. Wireless telemedicine, point-of-care transactions, e-enabled disease management, home diagnostics, the virtual hospital, e-enabled customer choice, e-enabled assisted living, e-communities of practice, just-in-time training, and procurement service providers are just a few of the many areas that can be used to accelerate a positive transformation in healthcare. Understanding the new opportunities that will result is essential in determining a clear course of action.
Technology will never replace doctors and nurses, but it will provide them with more data-driven insights and actions. A combination of data and technology will enable doctors to achieve their desired results faster, and empower patients with the knowledge of their own bodily state.
Navigating these Hard Trends will lead you to the future of modern healthcare in a digital age.
In this innovative and thought-provoking presentation, Daniel Burrus guides the audience through the seemingly infinite development of Healthcare innovation. Despite the vast resources and contributions to the fields science and technology, there is still great opportunity in this
industry...which also indicates that there is room for disruption. Burrus will provide the concepts needed to anticipate the coming change in pharmaceuticals, medical computing, and consumer health technology that will position you and your organization as a future leader in this space.
Valuable insights include...
- The role of Healthcare in mass digital transformation
- Solutions for tomorrow's personalized patient experience
- Technology's impact on Health Care administration-
- Avoiding disruption amongst Healthcare tech production