As an honored educator and world champion athlete, Murray Banks knows how to craft and deliver an engaging and motivational message. His unique and interactive style merges skills, inspiration and fun to create dynamic and thought provoking presentations.
You never get just a speech with Murray. Every keynote is custom tailored to capture your audience. His research on your organization and collaboration with your planning team provide the insight to customize specifically to your conference theme. Murray's signature topics are fresh and in the moment-more of a lively conversation than a speech.
Murray Banks was Teacher Of The Year in Vermont and has been to the world championships in two sports.
Married for 40 years, Janie and he have raised two sons who are elite mountain guides. Their expeditions together often find their way into his presentations illustrating the power of focus, adaptability and balance! Murray delivers every keynote with the warmth, fun and intensity that brought him success professionally and athletically.
- Performance Under Pressure: Focus In Our Work, Balance In Our Lives -
Working with focus and intensity, yet keeping our lives in balance is a subject that fascinates everyone and Murray delivers it with a medley of science, humor and inspiration. As he weaves your conference theme through his keynote, he will hit these key points...
- The 10/90 RULE to keep meetings focused
- Why pressure changes persona and persona affects communication style
- How the physiology of food, fitness & fun offsets pressure and fatigue
- What you focus on expands, so focus on the outcome you want
- The Trouble With the Future Is, It's Not What It Used to Be!: Keeping Our Focus In Changing Times - In a world of change, most people prefer stability and consistency. So Murray presents a small dose of sympathy and leaves organizational change to the consultants...then presents five personal skills for being agile, resilient and adaptable.
- Tough Times, Tough Teams - These are tough times and successful organizations need tough teams...colleagues who pull together, work hard, stay positive and are resilient. A challenging economy and uncertain future make it difficult to give our work teams the reassurance they need to stay focused, so our leadership skills will be critical to our success.
This isn't the time for a walk through the theoretical wonderland. Murray provides practical, real world skills for being optimistic and staying focused on performance.
- Leadership Under Pressure Leading With Passion: Keeping Our Balance - School board members are between the proverbial "rock and a hard place" with high stakes testing and financial accountability on one side and a challenged and frustrated faculty on the other! Murray's keynote highlights the leadership skills that foster a climate of success for faculty, staff and students. enthusiasm, focus, positive problem solving and optimism. He delivers four skills for staying focused under pressure and taking care of ourselves so we can also take care of business (and stay awake during those late board meetings!). It is a subject that fascinates everyone and Murray delivers it with a medley of science, inspiration and humor. You'll get his 10/90 Rule to keep board meetings on target and learn why you may need to go to the "B.A.R."
- The Trouble With the Future Is, It's Not What It Used to Be!: Keeping Our Focus On Students In Changing Times - In a world of change, educators like stability and consistency. They often work rhythmically...following nearly the same schedule every day, even going to the bathroom! Community members want results, so with high-stakes testing, a tough economy and transitioning baby boomers, that means pushing teachers out of their comfort zones. And, not letting board members get hung up on old practices. Murray presents skills and motivation to be adaptable, resilient and responsive. You'll love his "Lava Lamp Philosophy" for school change and parodies on our change resistant colleagues who have contracted "Psychlosclerosis!"
- Tough Times, Tough Teams - These are tough times and successful school districts need tough teams - colleagues who pull together, work hard, stay positive and are resilient. Murray is tough on those in the comfort zone, empathetic with hard workers and funny with everyone as he provides four skills helping school board members promote spirit, morale and teamwork within their schools. And, you'll take away his solution for Group Griping and his "Richter Scale Of Stress" - which will keep your board members focused on student and school district success!